Zoetis Reference Laboratories (ZRL) is currently seeking a full time Anatomic Pathologist for the US reference laboratory business. Zoetis Reference Labs is a new division of Zoetis Global Diagnostics.
Responsibilities of this role will include interpretation of histopathology samples as well as consultation with veterinarian clients. Histopathology at Zoetis Reference Laboratories is almost entirely digitized, and this position can be remote-based or laboratory-based in the United States.
The successful candidate will have a passion for supporting the veterinary community. This is a values-driven organization where service is priority.
• Histopathology and immunohistochemistry – examination of digitized and rarely glass slides and generation of a report that includes a diagnosis, microscopic description, photomicrographs and pertinent comments
• Consultation with referring veterinarians regarding current, prior or future cases and general anatomic pathology questions
• Participation in various laboratory endeavors beyond diagnostic cases may be available
• Provide input on recruitment and hiring in selection of pathologists
• Strategic planning input (AI/machine learning, genomics, molecular, and driving efficiency across the team)
• Assist in integration and operation of LISA, Orchard, and IT
• Integration, troubleshooting and improved efficiency of Ligolab, Philips and digital imaging systems into case reporting
• DVM (or equivalent); ACVP Certified or Completion of anatomic pathology residency training program
• DVM/VMD degree
• Formal pathology training – residency or graduate studies (Masters or PhD) in pathology related field
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Strong diagnostic skills in anatomic pathology
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Highest level interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work as a collaborative team member
• Have the ability to work at a fast pace while keeping a high level of quality
• Flexibility to changing methods and technologiesFull timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.