This job is archived
JOB DESCRIPTION :
In the white space below, complete the full job description that candidates will view when they apply for the job (responsibilities & qualifications). **Maximum of 6000 characters; if over 6000 characters, job description will be truncated.
Zoetis Global Diagnostics (GDx) is currently seeking a full time Clinical Pathologist to join a development team for our Imagyst
digital cytology virtual reference lab platform.
Responsibilities of this role will include assisting programmers, and others in developing a platform for digital transmission of images as well as artificial intelligence interpretation of cytology and hematology slides. The successful candidate will also participate in internally and external training on these platforms as well as the global roll out to the veterinary community. The delivery of CE offerings/wet labs for veterinarians and technicians will be required..
The successful candidates will have a positive attitude and be a team player, a passion for supporting the veterinary community, and ability to actively engage with computer programmers and other technology experts. Candidates will join a collaborative team Zoetis and external collaborators and will represent Zoetis from the technical, clinical pathology perspective in these collaborations. Opportunities abound for special projects and professional growth in this rapidly growing organization. This is a values-driven organization where service is priority.
• Work with developers to optimize algorithm training for AI applications of Imagyst.
• Work with developers to optimize workflow for the veterinary clinic, Zoetis virtual pathologist and Zoetis reference Laboratory application of digital cytology.
• Work with additional GDx, GCD and VMRD colleagues on the development and validation of Imagyst applications.
• Assist in the development of training and marketing materials for Imagyst and Zoetis virtual Reference Laboratory
• Participate in continuing education events and general outreach to veterinary clients
• Assist in recruitment of veterinary clinical pathologists and KOLs in support of Imagyst and virtual reference lab globally
• DVM (or equivalent)
• Successful completion of formal residency training program in clinical pathology
• ACVP board certification in Clinical Pathology
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Strong diagnostic pathology skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with strong analytic and problem-solving abilities
• Highest level interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work as a collaborative team member is essential
• Self-starter with good organizational and time management skills and ability to structure workflow for maximum efficiency.
• Flexibility to changing methods and technologies
• 5 years minimum experience in a diagnostic laboratory or academia
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.