As a people first values-based culture, we provide free weekly wellness sessions focused on our employee's physical and mental wellbeing, and flexible work arrangements. We offer a generous employer 401k match and an employee stock purchase plan for long-term financial wellness. Our full array of health, financial and voluntary benefit programs are what you would expect from a recognized Best Place to Work.
As a member of the Dechra Group IT team, the IT Manager is responsible for all North America Systems including all office locations and remote workers in US, Canada, and Mexico. Other duties include: hiring and managing IT staff; managing IT helpdesk functions; creating and executing IT budget for North America; provide monthly management reports to the Group IT Director covering all IT initiatives in North America; propose, develop, and manage new technology solutions.
- Accomplishes financial objectives for all Dechra locations in North America information technology by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, initiating corrective action.
- Accomplishes North America based information technology staff results by communicating job expectations, staff training, overseeing scheduling, coaching and counseling employees, monitoring and appraising job performance.
- Creates and maintains IT policies and procedures together with other Group It Managers.
- Maintains organizational effectiveness and efficiency within North America information systems by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Oversees availability and quality of all North America sites related to network connectivity, computing, telephony, physical access controls and business applications.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures, information security and control structures, and refreshing assets based on asset depreciation schedules.
- Provides recommendations as a member of the Group IT Management team for information technology solutions, strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes, identifying problems, evaluating trends, and anticipating requirements.
- Creates and communicates new technology projects to executive level management.
- Develops project proposals; create and execute project plans; and complete delivery of new technology projects for all North America sites.
- Manages vendor relationships by establishing and monitoring service level agreements.
Key Performance Indicators
Behavior and Values
(D) Committed to delivering excellence
(E) Enthusiastic and results driven
(C) Able to take calculated risks
(H) Honesty and integrity
(R) Team player
(A) Willing and able to go the extra mile
Management of a broad scope of technology solution
Comprehensive understanding of network architecture and client/server technologies
Excellent organizational and project management skills
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Good communications skills - written and verbal
Knowledge and Experience-Essential
IT Staff Management
Telecommunications Systems Management
Knowledge and Experience-Desirable
10+ years experience in corporate IT, 5 of which are in a IT management or Senior Engineer capacity
Storage and backup solutions
Occasional travel will be required.