As a people first values-based culture, we provide free weekly wellness sessions focused on our employee's physical and mental wellbeing, and flexible work arrangements. We offer a generous employer 401k match and an employee stock purchase plan for long-term financial wellness. Our full array of health, financial and voluntary benefit programs are what you would expect from a recognized Best Place to Work.
As a member of the Dechra Group IT team, the IT Technician will be responsible for providing technical support to include general IT related triage, helpdesk driven workloads, account management, systems monitoring. Provide tier I support for all hardware including workstations, servers, general infrastructure systems, peripherals, operating systems, and applications in accordance to company policy and established standards and procedures.
The IT Technician will provide hands-on technical support of local site employees and remotely assist employees across North America including Mexico and Canada, reporting to the IT Manager and will work closely with Group IT colleagues at other sites to implement, maintain, and enhance a broad spectrum of technology solutions. Must possess the technical experience and aptitude to work on multiple levels of the technology stack (infrastructure hardware, operating systems, applications) within a wide variety of hardware/software solutions. The IT Technician will need to be able to work independently under minimal supervision, and at times during non-business hours.
- Ensuring that all employees, customers and stakeholders receive a first class level of service in relation to IT incidents and service requests.
- Providing First and Second Line support for software and hardware fault resolution.
- Adhere to established IT department standards and procedures as set forth by the IT Director and local IT Manager.
- Deployment of new hardware and software assets based on the IT department standards.
- Ensure regional site documentation is accurate and up to date at all times.
- Deployment new assets in line with the company’s hardware refresh policy.
- Remote support using software support tools, telephone, or desk side support.
- Escalation of incidents to line management as required.
- Interaction with Incidents and requests in the helpdesk call handling system.
- Use existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems.
- Research and discover new technology solutions.
- Evaluate and recommends methods and tools for streamlining and improving the established IT processes.
Strong Technical Aptitude
Strong Customer Service
Strong Problem Solving
Behavior and Values
(D) Dedication - committed to delivering excellence
(E) Enjoyment - enthusiastic and results driven
(C) Courage - able to take calculated risks
(H) Honesty - honesty and integrity
(R) Relationships - team player
(A) Ambition - willing and able to go the extra mile
Knowledge of a broad range of technologies and their applications
Experience installing, configuring and maintaining a wide variety of hardware and software
Experience working in an IT role supporting local and remote users
Experience with technical writing for IT procedures and network diagrams
Good interpersonal skills
Able to work independently and reliably in a dispersed geographic IT team with minimal supervision
Able to multi-task and deliver under pressure
Prefer 5 years hands on IT experience within a mid-sized corporate environment.
Prefer college degree in Information Systems AND/OR recognized current IT certifications (MCSE, CCNA, etc.).
Knowledge and Experience - Essential
- Microsoft stack - O365, Active Directory, Group Policy, NTFS, WSUS, Server 2012- 2016, Windows 10, SCCM, Exchange 2016, Teams, InTune
- Hardware - Microsoft SurfacePro tablets, Lenovo desktops, HP servers, HP/Aruba switches, Cisco Meraki access points, access control systems, IP camera systems
- VMWare vSphere vCenter
- Avaya IPOffice Server Edition and SIP devices
- Networking (Demonstrable TCPIP knowledge, DNS, DHCP)
- Remote access/control solutions (TeamViewer, Cisco AnyConnect VPN)
- Trend Micro Antivirus
- Cisco ASA/Firepower and UmbrellaDNS
- Malware remediation
- HelpDesk systems
Knowledge and Experience - Desirable
- Seasoned IT Technician with experience in both large and small environments
- Passion for learning new technologies
- Experience working within an international company
- Cloud based solutions experience
- Experience with PowerShell scripting, command line tools, event log parsing, native windows troubleshooting tools, monitoring tools
Occasional travel may be required
To apply for this job, click here and follow the process: