The Technical Services Veterinarian (marketing focus) will have three primary roles: Cover technical services responsibilities for one companion animal region; cover technical service responsibilities for the Tomlyn products and field sales needs; assist the marketing team in creating technically sound marketing materials to be used internally and externally. The Technical Services Veterinarian (marketing focus) will report to the National Technical Services Manager, with a dotted line to the National Marketing Manager.
Clinical Services Support (Companion Animal and Tomlyn)
- Organizes and supports regular client meetings to present technical information and provide practical training to practices in order to increase the understanding of the company’s products.
- Provides clarification in relation to technical issues that may be acting as a resistance to full product adoption.
- Develops the company’s reputation for excellence and expertise by representing the company in a professional, knowledgeable, ethical manner, while continually optimizing commercial opportunity.
- Delivers prompt veterinary/ technical advice and support to internal and external customers by answering inquiries relating to the use of our products and the relevant medical conditions on which our product portfolio is based.
- Partners with the marketing department to ensure accurate, effective campaigns for assigned product lines.
- Provides technical training and advice to the sales and marketing departments, maximizing the technical competence of the commercial staff so they can bring added value to our customers and offer credible technical objection handling during the sales process.
- Works alongside the sales team, ensuring our customers use our products in the most effective way possible, both ethically and commercially.
- Develops and maintains the company’s contact with opinion leaders and Key Account contacts in order to maximize commercial opportunities and develop potential business partnerships with the Company’s key customers.
Marketing Technical Support
- Coordinates with the marketing team to create and execute a full year marketing editorial calendar.
- Assists marketing with the creation of technical marketing materials and updates existing materials such as printed materials, presentations, website content, DSA materials, partner copy needs (distributor and eCommerce), and toolkits.
- Maintains Vetoquinol image across professional platforms.
- Gains an understanding of the pet products retail market, customer requirements, and competition.
- Liaise with Opinion Leaders and outside associations as necessary to assist in marketing Vetoquinol’s products.
- Supports the company vision and mission and demonstrates the corporate core values in all professional activities.
- Complies with all OSHA safety requirements, work rules, and regulations.
- Compiles and maintains all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Follows systems and procedures outlined in company manuals.
- Maintains departmental housekeeping standards.
- All other duties as requested by management.
Formal Education and Certification
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in marketing or business management is preferred.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of veterinary practice
- Minimum of 2-3 years of veterinary industry experience
- Experience in education, coaching, or training
- Computer skills and proficiency
- Exceptional coaching and management skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, possessing an ability to work with a diverse population
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team
- Desire to serve
- Up to 70% travel
- Travel not limited to defined territory with some travel over weekends
- Frequent overnight stays during required travel