Equine Professional Services Veterinarian – North Central (St. Louis, Lexington, Indianapolis)
Dechra Veterinary Products
Thanks for checking out our vacancy. We’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra Veterinary Products, with headquarters in Manchester England, is a leader in specialized pharmaceuticals for the companion animal and equine markets. Dechra's US subsidiary, located in Overland Park, Kansas, is rapidly expanding to meet demands for key products under development.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied scope and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Present technical seminars as needed at national, regional, local veterinary meetings or veterinary schools/colleges to support Dechra’s product line and sales goals. Schedule is set by the Dechra equine sales team in coordination with the Manager of Equine Veterinary Professional Services.
- Accompany Dechra field personnel or distributor personnel on clinic calls. Deliver in-clinic educational presentations when needed (i.e. lunch and learns, product demos, etc).
- Assist in developing/presenting sales training to Dechra personnel on an as needed basis.
- Attend various veterinary conferences to support booth personnel, interact with veterinary customers and attend key lectures.
- Maintain technical competency especially in fields directly related to Dechra products
- Work closely with Key Opinion Leaders and work with sales personnel to coordinate KOL meetings at conferences.
- Monitor veterinary literature, AAEP/journal articles/comments related to Dechra products and activities.
- Project positive image of Dechra and its products to veterinary profession and comply with all regulatory standards governing veterinary pharmaceuticals.
- Receive incoming preliminary product inquiries/complaints that may arise from usage of Dechra products. Sources may be veterinarians, veterinary technicians, horse owners, distributor personnel or Dechra personnel. Calls may involve product information, use/extra-label use, product complaints, adverse events, and unexpected responses to treatment, perceived lack of efficacy and product or packaging defects. Information must then be transferred to home office for appropriate pharmacovigilance documentation and reporting.
- Provide assistance to Dechra international equine divisions (Canada and Mexico) when needed as time and schedule allows.
- Travel – often up to 75%
- Other duties as assigned
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly excited to hear from those who have/are:
- DVM/VMD with minimum of 3-5 years clinical experience in equine practice. Interest or experience in lameness and reproduction a plus.
- Prior experience in the veterinary pharmaceutical industry preferred but not required.
- Experience in or knowledge of pharmacovigilance desirable but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as a very strong comfort level with public speaking and Q&A sessions.
- Desire to provide excellent technical support to the veterinary profession and horse owners.
- Strong interpersonal skills, “team player”, self-starter, ability to multi-task and enjoy working on a variety of projects including, but not limited to, technical bulletins, marketing items, PowerPoint presentations, sales training modules, and provide market perspective on potential new products.
- Ability to work in a hands-on entrepreneurial environment and desire to grow with the Company
- Ability to critically evaluate technical materials and edit for clarity, content and regulatory compliance
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service