This job is archived
As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The Technical Services (TS) Lead-Bovaer® is responsible for integrating the process technology being licensed to Elanco by our Alliance Partner, Royal DSM, into the design of a new Bovaer® manufacturing facility to be located in Indiana.
The successful candidate will have experience understanding and optimizing the interaction of chemical, mechanical, or physical processes, material, equipment, and operators in manufacturing operations. The role requires application of first principles and knowledge of process requirements, regulatory requirements, equipment capability / limitations, and business operating context.
This position will report to the Senior Engineering Director – Bovaer® and initially focus on the technology transfer, control strategy and validation of a new manufacturing facility.
The TS Lead is considered the owner for the process and ensures appropriate operational control strategies are developed and are being followed to maximize the process performance and productivity. Core responsibilities include
- Develop and demonstrate strong knowledge of the technical and scientific principles governing the proposed process
- Partner with Operations to ensure clear manufacturing instructions are developed and provided to the production staff
- Develop training / tools for operations to understand the science of the manufacturing process
- Provide technical expertise and support for process validation, cleaning validation, data monitoring and trending, and the operational control strategy
- Develop and maintain the process operational control strategy, process flow document and bill of materials to assist with process optimization and establish a baseline for measuring and monitoring process variability
- Know and understand applicable regulatory requirements for the process and products
- Collaborate with scientists engineering for technology development, knowledge sharing, and technical consultation.
- Oversight of Project and Regulatory Milestones - Ensure alignment of activities, integration of multiple disciplines and proper escalation of issues
- Align milestones and key interdependencies among functions supporting an integrated schedule of activities and business assumptions
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Masters or PhD degree in Engineering, Chemistry, or equivalent
- 5-10 years’ work experience in a chemical manufacturing environment in a technical role (engineering or scientific role)
- Experience leading or supporting the technical transfer of a chemical process from one location to another
- Experience with synthetic chemistry and process safety
Additional Skills & Preferences:
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated results within a manufacturing environment
- Experience in pharmaceutical and/or GMP manufacturing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience influencing within an organization
- Experience working on large capital (>$25MM) projects
- Additional Work Locations: “Primary locations for this position are Greenfield, IN at the Elanco Global Headquarters and downtown Indianapolis. A change in location within Indiana may be required based on the final location of the manufacturing facility
- Worker Type:
- Flexible = work does not require a specific location or specialized equipment and can work successfully and productively across an ecosystem of different locations to support convenience, functionality, flexibility, and well-being. Flexible workers are expected to come on-site about half the time
- Up to 25% of travel may be required to support the capital project
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status