Provides animal technician support for non-biocontainment research in all livestock species. Primary role will be in a Non-Biocontainment research, supporting Dairy cattle, Beef cattle, sheep and goat research initiatives. Duties will include performing all phases of animal experiments associated with discovery and/or development of animal health products.
Activities include, but are not limited to, herdsmen ship, husbandry, sample collection, processing analysis, data handling, record keeping, and laboratory and instrument maintenance in accordance with applicable Animal Welfare and GXP and policies. Carries out duties according to protocol and applicable SOPs.
Assists with protocol review and development, animal procurement, laboratory analysis and data management in accordance to regulatory requirements. Assist and supports the Clinical Veterinarians with all aspects of veterinary care. Proficiency using Dairy Comp, Afimilk, PCDART, Microsoft Office, project planning or other ag-related software a real plus. Candidate must have a true passion for animals, be self-motivated and work well in a team environment. This position will include evening, weekend and holiday work.
- High School + 3 years related experience or education combined and/or valid veterinary technician license/certification
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in related field, desired.
- Experience in a research environment, working with infectious disease models in animals.
- Experience in working with animals in veterinary research setting
- Demonstrated math and reading comprehension required and basic computer skills
- Proven track record of working well in a team setting
- Experience working with livestock and operation of farm equipment
- Flexibility, enthusiasm and adaptability within the work environment, and a track record of successfully working in a fast-paced setting involving multiple projects and tasks