Experience: Minimum of 3+ years planning, operations, logistics, supply chain or related experience in a pharmaceutical company is required.
Education: B.S. Degree
Specialized Training or Technical Knowledge Licenses, Certifications Needed:
- Proficiency in MS Excel with ability to create v-lookups and pivot tables.
- ERP Planning Systems (preferably Microsoft Dynamics 365).
- Problem solving skills and high degree of resilience, collaboration, and leadership.
- Company / Industry Knowledge: Prescription Pharmaceuticals.
Job Specific Competencies:Experience within the following processes: master production schedule process, inventory management, supply chain management, scenario analysis, sales and operations planning, ERP Planning Systems (preferably Microsoft Dynamics 365) and other cross-functional business processes common to the pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Ability to work independently, self-starter.
- Ability to be driven and resourceful.
- Assembling and analyzing data, identifying problems and developing recommendations which support supply chain operations and planning.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ownership, can collaborate and contribute to a positive work environment.
- Manage all daily supply chain activities. Create forecasts and purchase orders for all suppliers on a monthly basis as per contractual guidelines.
- Proactive identification of issues that may impact supply, manage short and long term planning activities/processes and day-to-day planning, retrieve, interpret and monitor demand and sales trends, calculate safety stock, manage inventory levels, resolve mismatches, collect monthly supplier performance metrics.
- Assist in managing the sales & operational planning (S&OP) process to meet business targets of service level, competitiveness, quality & sales objectives.
- Lead the drive for operational excellence.
- Drive improvements in overall supply forecasting and continually optimize inventories.
- Maintain effective end-to-end process control mechanisms and performance metrics and services to deliver continual performance improvements against defined KPIs supporting operational performance.
- Analyze and control supply chain costs and all aspects of material inventory to minimize adverse stock holding impact on working capital.
- Ensure processes and systems are in place to support new product launches.
- Notify sales and internal teams of any potential or impending supply constraints.
- Apply basic to intermediate knowledge and understanding of planning (MRP, ERP), inventory & forecast planning and demand planning. Utilize ERP as the system of record for all supply chain processes as implemented.
- Leverage MS Excel for advanced demand & supply analysis not available in ERP.
- Follow established S&OP planning processes and generate new processes when there is a gap.
- Lead and participate in planning projects focused on continuous improvement, excellent communication skills and stakeholder management.