This job is archived
The coordinator is responsible for acting as a liaison between operations within their designated structure. Adherence to Quality, cGMP, and safety procedures associated with manufacturing of nutritional supplements from raw material to finished product is a primary responsibility. Incumbent must be able to clearly and frequently communicate with various functions within the site, including production, maintenance, quality operations, engineering and administration. Incumbent must be able to work all shifts.
- Review work orders to determine the efficient flow of materials, ingredients and procedures required to fill daily work orders.
- Evaluates business needs to supply the right material at the right time to the Lead Operators of the Platinum’s internal systems.
- Maintains workspace and equipment. Cleans work area and adheres to OSHA and GMP.
- Cleans equipment on a regular basis and as needed.
- Operates forklift to move and store raw materials, in process, and finished goods.
- Performs regular safety inspections and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Checks calibration of equipment and maintains inspection log. Assists Mechanic as required.
- Reports any inconsistency in product, in raw or manufactured materials to management.
- Recommends improvements to product appearance, flow, and packaging.
- Act as a mentor to area staff.
- Facilitates training of lesser experienced team members.
- Champions 5S of the production areas they support.
- Ensures that materials and processes are in place to support the areas Lead Operators, and Team Members and contributes to their success.
- Coordinate with management to deliver on the area and overall site goals.
- Coordinators demonstrates ownership of supporting the overall production system and contribute daily to the success and improvement of the area colleagues and its production.
- Food safety is of the highest priority at Platinum Performance, team members are expected to maintain all food safety policies and procedures including:
- Wearing clean uniforms, hairnets and beard covers.
- Frequent hand washing and sanitizing.
- Clean latex or neoprene gloves.
- Reporting illness to supervisor or group leader.
- Clean and sanitize tools and equipment.
- Storing tools and materials in their designated place.
- Exceptional organization and housekeeping practices.
- Vigilant food allergen practices and procedures to prevent cross contact contamination.
- Reporting any food safety concerns to prevent potential contamination and food safety hazards.
- Diligently monitoring critical control points in accordance with our food safety plans.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Applicants are required to have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED). Six (6) months experience as a manufacturing process operator is required, preferably working with chemical or batch type production or equivalent
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to methodically perform multiple tasks associated with Platinum’s process;
- Ability to work well in a self-directed, team environment;
- Capable of communicating well with other employees relative to operational issues;
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow instructions;
- Proficiency with computers, including e-mail, internet, and online training modules;
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations;
- Ability to access all areas of production facility and to routinely lift 55 pounds;
- Capable of operating a forklift, and current operator license desired;
- Desire to comply and remain conscious of safety and quality regulations at all times.
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to accomplish moderate lifting, repeatedly move up to 55 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
- Ability to operate a fork truck safely and efficiently.
- Bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling can also be expected.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Use of required personal protective equipment is required.