The Global Strategic Sourcing – Indirect Procurement team is seeking an experienced Tail Spend Sourcing Program Manager to lead and optimize tail-spend procurement processes across multiple markets, sites and spend categories. The focus will be to guide and optimize competitive bidding procedures to ensure buying decisions align with category strategy management practices and spend management principles. The role will leverage Zoetis’ purchase-to-pay systems (e.g., Guided/Spot Buying, Catalogs, Spend Management, etc.) to streamline the long-tail of suppliers across multiple categories, achieve cost reductions while also adhering to high quality and service requirements. The Tail Spend Sourcing Program Manager will collaborate closely with the Category Strategy Leads, Site/Regional Procurement and Purchase-Pay-Pay Shared Services colleagues to enable an end-to-end procurement process.
- Lead and develop tail-spend management program across multiple markets, sites and spend categories.
- Ensure alignment of tail-spend program with category management strategies and end-to-end procurement transformation roadmap.
- Prepare dashboard of tail-spend program operational metrics and key performance indicators.
- Leverage spend analytics, requisition/purchase order reports, contract repositories, etc. to identify incremental cost savings, supplier consolidation opportunities, and guided-buying process improvements.
- Execute and manage tail-spend bidding activities, including workflow / capacity management, supplier negotiations, supplier onboarding and transactional risk management.
- Provide input into tail-spend training, stakeholder communications and support purchase-to-pay system improvements.
- Foster collaboration with business stakeholders, suppliers, and other corporate enabling functions (e.g., legal, risk and compliance, etc.) to promote adoption of tail-spend program, systems, and adherence to competitive bidding policies.
- Manage the tail-spend supply base with a focus on supplier performance monitoring (quality, cost, on-time fulfillment, technology enablement) and identify potential tail-spend supplier(s) who qualify for a more strategic preferred supplier relationship.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in a technical major or business concentration.
- Certified Purchasing Manager or equivalent credentials desirable.
- Significant experience using SAP Spend Management Suite (Ariba, Spend, Contracts, etc.).
- Highly proficient in analytics, negotiations, program management and communications.
- 10+ years of tail spend management (and/or category management) in a leadership role.
- Global / regional work experience across multiple category teams, site procurement and P2P shared services.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Demonstrates agility, flexibility, and process-oriented mindset to evolve tail spend program year-on-year.
- Ability to independently evaluate, assess and initiate actions, with minimal oversight in a complex environment.
- Clear and concise written/oral presentation skills adapted to stakeholder audience.
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills, in conjunction with effective change management skills.
- Understands procurement strategies to enhance procurement capabilities and governance mechanisms to improve tail spend management.