Logistics Center Site Leader
This position has direct responsibility for the planning, organization, direction, performance and control of all logistics and operational activities at a US Logistics Center. The role ensures compliance with established productivity, performance, budget, quality, security, HR, EH&S, customer service standards, and company policies and regulations (local/state/federal/international).
The responsibility includes the management and development of colleagues and contracted resources, maintaining a high level of engagement and accountability to achieve expected results. This position focuses on action-oriented continuous improvement activities and the implementation of best practices, as well as the management and monitoring of financial performance to ensure corrective actions are taken to achieve established targets.
Customer Service Commitments
- Ensures daily customer order fulfillment, according to established SLA’s.
- Interacts with customer service groups to inform results and gather business plans and intelligence.
- Supervises daily warehouse floor operations.
- Assigns daily work directly to shift leads.
- Accountable for the proper management of materials and finished goods storage at the facility.
- Ensures inventory accuracy is maintained within established limits.
- Attends general processes of inventory management.
- Ensures proper handing for high value products according to local regulation and corporate guidelines and procedures.
- Keeps proper controls and takes actions to ensure storage conditions are met.
- Maintains 24-hour oversight of facility, including storage conditions and security.
- Ensures all operating areas and equipment are kept in proper conditions: organization, housekeeping, maintenance, etc.
- Ensures full compliance for area of responsibility with procedures, company policies and regulations (state/federal/international), keeping comprehensive and updated Standard Operating Procedures.
- Enforces Quality, EHS, and all Logistics compliance standards across the area of responsibility.
Management and Control
- Follows up on daily and periodic metrics and productivity to ensure performance requirements are met.
- Takes corrective actions when needed to achieve targets.
- Communicates and provides timely feedback about results to work team.
- Manages a team of colleagues and assigns priorities and tasks aligned to defined objectives.
- Develops a team of colleagues, through feedback, coaching, training sessions and other tools to improve engagement.
- Ensures objective and timely execution of Performance Management and Talent Planning processes to develop and drive team.
- Performs budgeting activities and keeps track of results to ensure adherence to objectives and strategies.
- Proactively looks for innovation and opportunities for improvement.
- Drives implementation of changes that enhance performance, productivity and cost.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics or Operations Management with 5-7 years’ experience in Warehousing, Logistics or Supply Chain Management, or in lieu of the education requirement, at least a high school diploma and 10 years of experience.
- Proven track record of successful leadership of a logistics operation and facility management experience.
- Experience with Warehouse or Materials Management systems, as well as knowledge of inventory and planning systems.
- Previous experience with the management of Transportation processes is desirable.
- Most work completed in office and warehouse environments, requiring sitting, standing, and walking.
- Ability to successfully meet Board of Pharmacy background requirements
- Ability to travel about 5% of time required
- Limited weekend or off-hours work may be required from time-to-time
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service