This job is archived
This role reports to the API / MFA & Nutrition Platform Procurement Leader and will lead all procurement activities (Raw Materials, Packaging, Indirect & Capital) for the Platinum Performance site to ensure uninterrupted supply of quality materials and services in the most cost-effective manner. In addition to the site procurement responsibilities, this role will take a lead in developing & executing strategic (alternate) sourcing plans for raw material subcategories. The Procurement Leader acts as part of the Site Leadership team and drives site initiatives to reduce the costs of purchased goods and services while maintaining quality standards. Incumbent ensures that all Procurement activities are carried out in an ethical manner and in compliance with all Zoetis policies.
Primary accountabilities are:
· Ensuring that suppliers provide products and services to the timing and quality standards required.
· Ensuring supplier documentation (FSMA, Quality, GMP) is kept current working through TraceGains Supplier Management software.
· Generating and updating a cost reduction plan and budget for the site by working closely with Category Managers and Site Management
· Ensuring the execution of planned and opportunistic cost reduction initiatives to deliver and exceed budget.
· Continuously exploring sourcing opportunities that aim to improve the performance of current and future Platinum Performance products, by closely collaborating with vendors and Platinum R&D teams.
The role will report to the relevant API / MFA & Nutrition Platform Procurement Leader and have a strong relationship with the site Leadership team. Key measures will include all aspects of cost: savings achievement, impact upon budget, material availability and supplier performance.
- Own and be accountable for site budget for direct materials, defining and providing standard costs and Purchase Price Variance delivery
- Work closely with Category Managers to provide input into category strategies and roll out central agreements which have a beneficial impact on Site costs (Raw Materials and Indirects)
- Define and execute sustainable and continuous cost reduction (CIP) projects for the Site, working closely with Site Management and Category Managers
- Prioritize and deliver improved cost of externally sourced materials
- Responsible for all aspects of sourcing, including continuity of supply and management of risk
- Monitor supplier performance and ensure that acute and chronic supplier performance issues are addressed to avoid disruption to manufacturing or supply
- Support resolution of major quality issues arising with a supplier on the delivery of their goods, or related to unacceptable findings resulting from a quality audit
- Ensure that new suppliers are qualified in compliance with internal Quality/Change Control procedures and systems
- Observe and ensure the compliance to Global Strategic Sourcing (GSS) policies and procedures
- Insure purchasing activities comply with site and government policies. Develop and sustain compliance standards that impact product quality.
- Assure the appropriate level of interactions and communications with key site stakeholders (Manufacturing Operations, GMT, Supply Chain, Quality, Engineering/Technology, R&D, Finance, etc.)
- Establish appropriate tools (scorecards, etc) for communication, monitoring progress of implementation and ongoing compliance
- Updates and maintains supplier information in corporate change management system in accordance with regulatory standards
- Interpret, oversee and assure the implementation of corporate global policies, site and business specific guidelines and manufacturing SOPs within the site Procurement function
- Directly reports to the Platform Procurement Leader.
- Strong working relationship with the Platform lead, Site Management teams at Platinum Performance, Supply Chain, Finance, Quality, EHS, GMT, R&D and all functions that affect the supply base.
- Financial Accountability
- Accountable for delivering cost reduction initiatives (3-5% target) for the site
- Overall accountability for ensuring supply and the service performance of the site supply base
- Works closely with Site Management teams and Category Managers to generate cost improvement plans for the annual budget and to rectify any budget shortfall.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS with at least 5 to 7 years of experience in animal health nutrition industry.
- A good understanding of guidelines set by National Animal Supplement Council (NASC), and the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF)
- A good understanding of the Manufacturing environment / experience of working closely with and in Manufacturing sites
- Understanding of equine and companion animal health needs, ingredients, formulations, how they work together and their effect on body systems preferred.
- Research and Development experience in food or nutraceutical industry a plus
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Relevant procurement experience i.e. experience of supplier identification, selection, qualification, relationship building/management and achieving measurable business benefits.
- Strong contract/price negotiation skills
- Project management skills and results oriented. Ability to get things done by working with/through others. Self-motivated.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Numerate, used to working in Excel, with an analytical skillset capable of both identifying and quantifying cost savings
- Fishbowl, SAP, TraceGains and/or Ariba Procurement system experience preferred
- Able to communicate in English Oral/Written
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Role is based at Platinum Performance Site - Buellton, CA 93427 USA.
- Travel percentage 20% to suppliers.