This job is archived
As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The Master Scheduler is responsible for providing strategic and tactical scheduling support for Elanco External Manufacturing site. The role is responsible for creating/maintaining a production plan, representing supply chain & leading cross functional JPTs (Joint Process Team) with external manufacturers, and representing supply chain on product launch teams. This role also serves as the CORRS business process owner for specific sections of the CORRS guidelines, and presents production plans at ROP, and provides customer service with product information to ensure product is appropriately shipped to customers.
- Review product demand during monthly demand consolidation
- Prepare monthly production plan for product families & present at ROP
- Maintain schedule and capacity plans and review with external manufacturers
- Release POs to contract manufacturers and maintain valid dates/quantities
- Represent supply chain and lead the joint process teams by ensuring production plans are communicated & capable of being met
- Manage inventory through review of slow-moving materials, materials nearing expiration/re-evaluation, and inventory accuracies
- Monitor inventory levels at affiliates and ensure inventory is maintained within targets. Create inventory exception notifications when inventory is predicted to exceed target levels. Additionally, notifying Commercial Supply Chain & EEM Sr. Leadership when inventory levels fall below safety stick targets or at risk for backorder.
- Vendor management, requesting new vendor set-up and changes needed to existing vendors
- Invoice approvals/rejects and handling exceptions
- Perform Inventory Reconciliations monthly; quarterly, and coordinate year-end physical inventory counts at external manufacturers and/or warehouse.
- Handling component/product destructions from CM warehouses
- Process affiliate orders in SAP to ensure that they are supplied on time and in full.
- Proactively communicate with ICOS and affiliates when needed by providing routine updates on status of orders and monitoring inventory exception notifications.
- Negotiate with ICOS regarding changes in product availability, quantity changes, alternative schedules, & transport options.
- Notify CM and ensure they are utilizing correct printed packaging artwork versions and monitoring implementation grace periods as appropriate
- Create and maintain MRDs with external manufacturers as appropriate
- Execute and review CORRS metrics and develop corrective actions to drive results to meet targets
- Provide input on site business plans
- Support product launches by representing supply chain and completing activities identified in launch teams and own the Change Controls for launches, terminations, and tech transfers.
- Support investigations for deviations, or own deviations if Supply Chain related
- Troubleshoot SAP supply chain issues and work with team members to resolve
- Participate in power user forums for SAP as needed
- Identify and implement process improvements that improve efficiencies and costs
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in lieu of the degree
- 2+ years’ experience in Manufacturing, Animal Health, Vaccine or Pharmaceutical supply chain management
- Knowledgeable of GMP requirements pertaining to pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with areas inside and outside of Elanco
- Procurement and/or scheduling experience
- SAP competency (S4, IBP (integrated business planning, Ariba)
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Proficiency with computer systems including Microsoft Office products
- Ability to modify processes or procedures to coincide with best practices
- Oral and written communication/ interpersonal interaction skills
- Professional Certification/License
- ASCM / APICS certifications
- High proficiency in SAP (S4, APO, Workplace)
- Knowledge of supply chain tools and business processes
- Experience with project management & planning
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Animal Health/Pharmaceutical industry and supply chain experience in direct operations, and familiarity with USDA and other regulatory requirements
- Experience interfacing with various manufacturing functional groups, such as production, logistics, quality control, quality assurance, and technical services
- Business knowledge and ability to develop supply chain strategies
- Overnight travel may be required
- Some travel required (10 - 15%)
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status