As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
Provide leadership and oversight for all supply chain (SC) operations and processes at Clinton and Terre Haute. This includes integrating all functional requirements to ensure customer, quality, and safety requirements are met. The role is key to communicating and collaborating with commercial supply chain regional leadership and global supply chain functions, to ensure balanced supply. As supply chain leader for the site, this role represents the site to the broader enterprise, with multiple connections to commercial, marketing, regulatory and other functions. Finally, as a member of the site leadership team, the role will influence, develop, and implement broader site operational direction and strategies.
The Clinton Supply Chain Team supports thousands of SKUs, supplied to dozens of markets worldwide. These products require the scheduling and management of tens of 10,000+ manufacturing orders per year. This role is required to provide oversight for supply of these SKUs, serving as the key site point of contact into the Global Supply Chain teams.
Minimum Qualification (education, experience and/or training, required certifications):
- Minimum of BS degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering (or equivalent work experience)
- 8+ years' experience in manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of demonstrated strong performance in a supply chain leadership role.
- Demonstrated proficiency in ERP operations, supply chain technology projects.
- Fast Moving Consumer Products (FMCP) experience.
- Large manufacturing site lead team experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in strategy development, business transformation and operational excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and develop an organization capable of meeting current and future requirements.
- Diverse manufacturing experiences, including a range of manufacturing platforms (e.g., bulk manufacturing, liquid and oral solid dose filling/finishing/packaging) and cross-functional assignments.
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
Manage People Effectively:
- Ensure that personnel conducting and supporting operations are capable and performing at a high level.
- Recruit, develop and retain a highly capable and motivated workforce.
- Develop succession plans for all key SC roles at Clinton and Terre Haute
- Work with the team and broader site to ensure high level of engagement across the SC team.
- Continually assess organization and responsibilities to ensure fit for purpose.
- Ensure capabilities of the supply chain team continue to be developed to support systems, technology and processes.
Provide Excellent Customer Service:
- Ensure that customer expectations are met with respect to quality, quantity, cost, and timeliness.
- Adhere to service level agreements with sites and affiliates.
- Ensure operations provide oversight of delivering to customers across the entire chain of planning, delivery, and follow-up.
- Provide timely, clear information on supply issues to commercial supply chain.
- Issue supply alerts to enable mitigations, execute allocation plans in collaboration with Global Supply chain, commercial and marketing.
- Develop strategies and implement to balance customer service with site capacity; ensure collaboration with commercial supply chain and network supply chain to assess and align.
Drive Organizational Productivity and Effectiveness:
- Bring leadership to direct and indirect reports to ensure alignment of all resources to efficiently and effectively deliver quality products now and in the future.
- Provide strong governance processes across all key metrics and business plans.
- Put in place an integrated business plan, incorporating new technology, systems and process improvements.
- Create focus on full value chain from raw material to final product delivery.
- Implement CORRS (Core Operational Requirements for Reliable Supply) at Clinton Site, across all functions – production, supply chain, quality, maintenance, finance etc.
- Ensure site is meeting CORRS expectations.
- Develop the site as leader in CORRS requirements and provide technical support to other sites and affiliates as required.
- Responsible for the business continuity plan, inventory management and managing risk for Clinton and Terre Haute position within product supply chains Influence and set direction for key productivity and improvement projects to support supply chain resilience.
Maintain and Improve Compliance:
- Ensure that supply chain operations are conducted in compliance with regulatory and corporate requirements in a safe and consistent manner.
- Ensure warehouse facilities are well-maintained and clean facilities according to documented instructions in compliance with safety, environmental and quality systems, including proper documentation, change control, and incident or deviation investigation.
- Drive the culture of a proactive approach to safety, environmental and quality. Assure that the areas managed by this role maintain an “inspection ready” posture.
- Ensure all export and import activities are in compliance with regulations and audit ready.
Manage Business Fundamentals:
- Ensure that the costs of operations and services are appropriately planned, and that results meet those business plans.
- Use detailed capacity planning to ensure growth is maintained and productivity is achieved – production units, quality, warehousing, shipping etc.
- Provide business development leadership, including all activities necessary to source and launch products that enhance value for the Elanco business.
- Provide appropriate supply chain oversight for all launch and life cycle management projects Implement global system projects and technology improvements to enable a fully integrated supply chain and single ERP system.
- Provide governance and leadership for site Warehousing team, including Inventory Management processes, ensuring operational requirements for Warehousing team are met.
- Provide governance and leadership for site Procurement, including purchasing and receiving.
- Ensure basis of safety and continuous safety improvement for all operations.
- Ensuring staff are qualified and that the required initial and continuing training of all operations personnel is carried out and adapted according to need.
- Ensure products are stored in a manner that will obtain the required quality
- Ensuring all deviations are reported and evaluated, critical deviations are investigated and that the conclusions are recorded.
- Ensuring equipment and facilities are maintained in a manner fit for use.
- Ensuring validations or qualification studies are executed as appropriate and that related protocols and reports are reviewed and approved.
Notification of Drug testing and Background Checks
Elanco conducts urinalysis drug testing as a mandatory part of its pre-employment application and background check process after acceptance of a conditional offer of employment by an applicant. The drug testing will be conducted by a certified laboratory/testing service selected by Elanco, in accordance with the procedures required by applicable state and federal law. Additionally, Elanco requires successful completion of a urinalysis drug test if it has reasonable suspicion that an employee is under the influence of drugs or alcohol which adversely affects or could adversely affect the employee's job performance as allowed by applicable law. Tested applicants will be given a copy of any positive test result. All test results shall be considered confidential and shall not be disclosed by Elanco, other than to those persons for whom such disclosure is necessary. Positive test results, or a refusal to consent to and participate in pre-employment drug testing, shall be grounds for denial of employment. Cooperation in scheduling the testing is important for processing an application for employment. By signing your acceptance to an offer of employment, you consent to be drug tested and acknowledge you have thoroughly read the foregoing notice and policy, and you understand and agree that in order to be considered for employment with Elanco, you will be required to comply with Elanco's drug testing policy. Elanco's background check requirements also include but are not limited to an acceptable criminal background check, educational verification, job history verification and motor vehicle report (if required to drive a company vehicle). If appropriate for the role, as outlined on the job posting, successful completion of Post Offer Exam, Work Simulation and/or Administrative Skills Testing may also be required.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status