Inside Sales Representative - Remote
$70,000 – $80,000 • yearly
The primary responsibility for this position is to generate revenue by cultivating the sales process with prospective and existing customers of ClearH2O products for the commercial agriculture (poultry) and research laboratory animal market. This is accomplished by efficient sales pipeline management from customer lead and sample follow-up through cultivation to closure and account maintenance. Understanding product applications that meet customer requirements; providing technical product information; initiating and monitoring sample product usage and customer trials; providing distributor sales support; and managing sales process milestones are essential responsibilities. This is a remote position with occasional field travel to key accounts, industry tradeshows, and regional association meetings reporting to the VP, Sales & Marketing.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- Activities directed both by independent prospect and existing customer development as well as inbound marketing lead generation and campaign follow up.
- Executes outbound communications to solicit new accounts by building rapport, providing technical information, and facilitating product sampling.
- Identifies sales opportunities by researching existing customer sales database for product usage and order patterns.
- Commands a thorough product knowledge and understanding of appropriate customer applications.
- Actively listens to customer needs and offers the appropriate product solution.
- Develops and manages key account relationships with regular communication frequency.
- Actively coordinates with marketing on digital marketing campaigns and timely execution of tactical steps involving inside sales.
- Works closely with marketing, technical service, accounting, and customer service to ensure prompt, accurate, and thorough customer communications.
- Plans and executes to achieve and exceed customer, market, and product category sales objectives.
- Actively communicates ‘voice of customer’ observations and market intelligence to sales, marketing, R&D and customer service.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate CRM systems (HubSpot, TGI) and website platform consistent with ensuring the integrity of information and the sales process.
- Integrates eCommerce transactional practices with applicable customers.
- Coordinates distributor field sales support, key account opportunities, and product promotional campaigns.
- Conducts field travel for trade show representation, distributor training, select account visits as required.
- Conducts required and ad hoc sales analysis by account, geography, and product.
- Supports SQF initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a life science or technical field such as biology, physiology, animal science, environmental science, animal nutrition, or equivalent is required. Alternatively, a business or marketing degree with work experience in a technical field or veterinary technician training will be considered.
- Minimum four years of relevant experience in animal health sales or technical or life science sales related market experience preferred.
- Livestock field trial experience working with commercial producers is highly desirable.
- Technical aptitude is required.
- Experience in conducting one-on-one and/or small group training sessions is desired.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with high level of confidence
- Should be diligent in handling CRM software (HubSpot CRM, SalesForce) and other common computer software such as Outlook. Excel, MS Word, Power Point, etc.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze market and customer metrics.
- Skilled troubleshooting abilities to assist customers via phone and in person with technical support.
- Exemplifies a customer centric perspective while supporting practical business fundamentals.
- Mature team player that is equally confident working independently.
Physical Requirements / Work Conditions:
- Work environment is 70 % home-based: up to 30% field travel.
- Available for on-call requests, requiring travel after normal work hours.
- Heavy lifting – regularly required to lift product or equipment in excess of 40 lbs.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service