Midwest Key Account Manager – Ruminant – (Fort Wayne, Indiana)
Responsible for all sales of ruminant products, beef and dairy, in IN, KY, MI, OH. An experienced field-based position. This role is responsible for New Sales and Account Management with Key Cattle Accounts and Influencers. The role will apply a Key Account Management approach to cultivate networks and relationships within assigned geography to drive sales growth. The role will represent Endovac Animal Health at key industry events, and other meetings as assigned. This position requires daily driving and at least 50% overnight travel depending on location of residence
A Bachelor’s degree in business management or animal science is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience can be acceptable.
- 2+ years of experience working in animal health or prior sales experience preferred.
- Agricultural and/or Cattle background, Dairy knowledge preferred.
- Calf expertise will be considered highly.
- Demonstrated track record in sales preferred.
- Account management experience as primary point of contact preferred.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES):
- Ability to understand and assimilate product knowledge and technical materials related to sales.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented, requiring little day-to-day supervision.
- Proven ability to build and maintain productive relationships with customers and internal partners.
- Must have ability to follow-through to solve customer problems.
- Exhibits willingness to accept and incorporate feedback.
- Ability to travel daily and maintain a flexible work schedule is essential. Must possess a valid drivers’ license.
- Must live within assigned territory, Fort Wayne, IN area preferred.
- Organization of call schedules, detailed call logs, and expense reports.
- Sells ENDOVAC-Beef & ENDOVAC-Dairy vaccines through in-person sales calls to veterinary professionals, distribution, and producers in an assigned territory by regularly contacting all accounts.
- Maintains or exceeds Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), annual territory sales targets and projections. Grows territory sales to meet communicated targets.
- Develops sales strategy to grow territory sales volume in conjunction with Manager by reviewing sales reports, account records, and trend information.
- Develops new accounts and grows existing account sales by working closely with manager, sales team, and consultants.
- Closes on technology sales leads generated through trade shows and marketing team.
- Effectively uses available tools and reports to enhance customer experience and call effectiveness.
- Educates veterinarians and staff by detailing our unique vaccine and immunostimulant technology.
- Strengthens customer relationships by coordinating with customer care and technical support to resolve account issues or increase sales.
- Develops and implements an account call system to productively manage accounts within a given territory.
- Leads and assists in other projects and performs other duties as assigned.
This full-time position provides:
- Medical and other insurance options
- 401(k) with company match
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Paid holidays
- Growth opportunities within a growing family-owned organization.