Generate "business-to-business" sales of products and services offered by Acumen Detection, Inc. by following the Acumen Detection sales process. Through direct and meaningful interactions, develop trusted consultative associations and "business-to- business" relationships with dairies, veterinary practices and milk laboratories. Develop collaborative relationships with distributors and partners.
**This position allows for a candidate to work remotely from any location in the United States.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute all aspects of the sales process including new member education as it relates to our products and services. Work with supervisor to identify prospective accounts for new business, while maintaining already established accounts. Assigned accounts will include dairy farms, vet clinics and laboratories of all sizes
- Work collaboratively with Acumen distributors (e.g., DFA Farm Supplies Large Farm Sales Manager assigned to this area, Vet’s Outlet, IBA, Leedstone, and others)
- Create sales plans and close sales which meet or exceed Key Performance Indexes set forth by senior management
- Document interactions in Salesforce within 24 hours
- Deliver, install and train new customers in the successful use of Acumen’s products
- Oversee all aspects of the sales function and related activities for a large geographic territory
- Coordinate and attend farm shows, meetings and other events as necessary
- Consistently exercise logical, independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Utilize marketing resources to identify targeted outreach efforts for members in assigned territory
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.
Education and Experience
- BS in Business Management or Animal Science with a minimum 5 years' experience in direct on farm sales or the equivalent direct business experience
- Demonstrated history of meeting or exceeding sales budgets through maintaining existing business and development of new customers
- Demonstrated proficiency with the use of Microsoft Office products and Salesforce
- Certification and/or License – N/A
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively manage a defined territory, plan a weekly schedule and organize multiple activities within a large geographic area
- Familiar with dairy farms and dairy farming practices
- Highly motivated and able to work independently within a well-defined system
- Able to coordinate the fulfillment of products and services to members by effectively interfacing with fellow team members and existing systems
- Excellent communications skills to ensure the ability to explain and educate prospects about the benefits of working with Acumen Detection
- Must be able to read, write and speak English. Being bilingual in French or Spanish is preferred.
Travel Requirements: 75% - 100% (3+ weeks per month)
An Equal Opportunity Employer