Position Description: Territory Sales Representative - Midwest
The Daniel Baum Company, is a small, family-oriented company headquartered in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. With over 35 years of serving the feed and animal health industry across the U.S., we deliver innovative natural nutritional solutions that support animal health, productivity and performance across multiple animal species and markets.
Our unique, proprietary formulas focus on the optimal combination of new and proven technologies that help maintain digestive health, support a healthy immune system and promote the overall health of animals, both production and companion.
We are currently looking for a Territory Sales Representative - Midwest with the skills, ambition, motivation and commitment to help drive profitable growth for our company.
As Territory Sales Representative, you will be an integral part of our team, exhibit a high level of professionalism consistent with our culture at all times and the drive to accelerate our sales growth.
As a member of our team, you will be responsible for selling DBC Ag Products, LIRA GOLD®, KAUFFMAN’S® Premium Equine and Fortitude® Canine products in order to achieve territory objectives for sales revenues and profitability. This includes implementing sales/marketing plans, building strong long-term customer relationships, creating demand with dairy, beef, sheep, goat, poultry, horse and pet customers along with driving new business development within the assigned territory.
Reports to: Director, Sales & Marketing
Geography: Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois
Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent and sell assigned brands by implementing sales/marketing pull-through programs to create demand within the assigned territory for key distributors.
- Establish positive relationships with distributor reps, dealers, veterinarians and large producers.
- Create demand with key distribution partners in order to exceed sales and profit growth objectives.
- Educate and train key customer representatives, influencers and producers.
- Create product demand through the entire trade channel to drive customer sales growth via producer meetings, field rides, turnover orders, retail store contacts and on-farm calls.
- Develop an annual sales plan for assigned territory, analyze and assess progress towards objectives utilizing AGDATA Data Management tool and other market information.
- Ensure necessary territory updates and reports are communicated directly and via CRM system.
- Engage key opinion leaders (KOL) and influencing decision makers, including nutritionists and veterinarians, to increase their understanding of the assigned brands value to their customers.
- Gather and report competitive information, market trends and activities.
- Maintain industry contacts and attend conferences/meetings that support territory sales plan.
- Actively prospect for new business and follow up on customer leads in a timely fashion.
- Expected to conduct sales activities during normal business hours as well as occasionally after hours and on weekends.
- On occasion, Territory Sales Representative will be asked to support additional activities, such as national conferences/meetings in other territories, and/or fill in for other territories as needed.
- S. or higher in Animal Science or related field
- > 5 years’ experience in field sales with proven ability to negotiate and close sales
- Strong animal health and nutrition experience preferred. Key markets: Dairy, Beef, Sheep, Goat, Equine, Companion Animal & Poultry
- Ability to drive selling process with distributors, veterinarians, retail dealers and at consumer level both in person and remote/virtual
- Excellent people skills with strong verbal and written communication
- Proven track record in building highly satisfied, long term customer relationships
- Self-motivated, proactive and with a positive can-do attitude
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel overnight at least 50% of the time
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office as well as CRM reporting systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand and walk, reach with hands and arms; enter and exit vehicle, and enter and move about customer facilities, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employees must request assistance and use appropriate equipment when necessary. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving equipment, outside weather conditions, enters and exits vehicle, and enters and moves about customer facilities. The noise level in the work environment may be moderate to loud at times.
Daniel Baum Company Benefits Highlights
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience) plus yearly bonus and quarterly commission)
- Competitive benefits package (including health, dental, 401k)
- Company car, travel expense account, laptop computer and cell phone
The Daniel Baum Company offers a professional and rewarding work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified candidates on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap or veteran status.