This job is archived
- Take orders for products over the phone from our Veterinary customers, field sales representatives and manufacturer representatives and enter them into the system, cross-selling and up-selling utilizing the Business Builder format provided. Review all internet orders for product and promotions and up-sell opportunities.
- Make outbound calls to clinics in an effort to solicit orders and provide information related to new products and promotions utilizing the Business Builder categories format to cross-sell and up-sell. Prospect new clients and reactivating accounts from lists provided and update all necessary paperwork.
- Resolve unique demands to include: problem solving, completion of paperwork for credits, call tags for returns, price quotes, special orders, address change requests and sales blitz tallies, DEA certificates and state licenses.
- Read, understand and organize mail, fax and emails and listen to voice mail correspondence received from internal and external customers as they relate to products, promotions and procedures.
- Complete research as a result of clinic inquiries and fax or mail product information as requested. Attend requested meetings, webinars conference calls for training purposes.
- Completes other duties, assignments and special projects as requested.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily
- High School Diploma or equivalency required
- Minimum of one year experience in veterinary industry-related position or customer service position required
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, employment policies, operating instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Strong listening and verbal communication skills including the ability to demonstrate diplomacy and professionalism
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work accurately with highly detailed information
- Ability to learn a vast array of product lines
- Basic computer skills to include data entry
Mental & Physical Demands:
- Attention to detail to assure accuracy of orders
- A fast pace of work to meet frequent deadlines, time management skills
- Continuous contact with customers
- Regular contact with co-workers
- Potential for stress related to a typical customer service problem resolution process
- Continuous and sometimes rapid use of hands for writing and computer keyboard
- Continuous use of a computer monitor requiring close vision
- Continuous use of a telephone – listening and speaking skills
- Ability to work at a desk throughout the day
- Ability to attend off-site meetings which may require air travel
Job duties and requirements for Inside Sales Representative may be subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Requirements are representative of the minimum levels of education, experience and skills required to perform the essential functions of this job. The job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Midwest Veterinary Supply reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Regularly uses typical office equipment including computer keyboard and terminal, telephone, fax and copier.
Work is typically performed in an office environment Monday through Friday. Working more than 40 hours per workweek may be required. Weekend availability required rarely. Occasional local and/or overnight travel may be required rarely.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package for Inside Sales Representative including Medical and Dental insurance, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability insurance, a 401k plan, paid holidays, and Paid Time Off (PTO). Our work environment is business casual and we like to have fun with weekly relaxed dress days, monthly breakfasts and birthday celebrations, and regular events like holiday contests, cookouts, and employee appreciation celebrations.
Midwest Veterinary Supply, Inc. (MVS) has provided quality service and merchandise to the veterinary profession since 1961. Our products are distributed from eight branches located in key geographic locations within our trade area. We take great pride in getting our orders out the same day as called in and having the product in the customer's hand the next day. MVS carries products and equipment from most major manufacturers. As we continue to grow, our goal will be, as it has always been, to provide the veterinary profession the very best in service along with quality merchandise at fair and competitive prices.
Midwest Veterinary Supply believes in providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and will not violate any law prohibiting discrimination for or against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of any characteristic protected under local, state, or federal statute, ordinance, or regulation. To view applicable employment notices, please click here to visit our Careers page. California residents, click here to view the California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure.