This job is archived
Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra is a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business.Main Responsibilities
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied scope and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Manage all aspects of product line(s) as assigned. Activities to include advertising, collateral material development, SKU management, competitive intelligence research, sales team training, promotional strategies, and other activities to meet or exceed Company goals and objectives.
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer and how customers (veterinarians and pet owners) utilize product(s) and what information or product modifications they need to remove barriers to the use of product(s).
- Monitor competitive environment to develop marketing and product development strategies to gain market share.
- Develop, coordinate and measure effectiveness of advertising and promotional strategies
- Contribute to company e-newsletter, website activity, and other tactics that promote the sale of the product line being managed.
- Responsible for assisting with the design, development and implementation of Company brand and sales/marketing efforts utilizing creativity, copywriting and advertising campaign assembly skills.
- Seek feedback from sales team to better understand how customers utilize product line and additions/subtractions to SKUs, collateral or educational material that would make sense. This will include traveling with sales team member to directly interact with customers.
- Coordinate development of Market Research to identify opportunities for increased penetration and growth of existing products, including competitor analysis.
- Identify, propose and manage the launch of new products that are a strategic fit to the product line being managed and/or to the Company as a whole.
- Prepare and manage marketing budget to ensure financial targets are met
- Attend, and help coordinate and gain value from, key national and regional veterinary conferences
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key veterinarians and opinion leaders
- All other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of marketing experience required
- Animal health experience preferred
- Bachelor degree or higher
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as a strong comfort level of presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Self-motivated with ability to work in a fast-moving environment as a team member, and desire to grow with the Company
- Positive attitude and willingness to be flexible and contribute to all areas of company and team growth
- Up to 40% travel
Commercial and Business Acumen
Product and Technical Knowledge