The Head of B2B Marketing serves as the “Chief Customer Experience Officer” for the B2B segment. He/She guides the development of the short- and long-term strategy for the B2B segment by leading, coaching and developing a team of Marketing Managers. This includes establishing a repeatable omni-channel approach to communications, buying programs, medical education, industry conferences and customer marketing to develop a relationship and accelerate decision making among various members of the veterinary professional audience.
The Head of B2B Marketing is a key member of both the Marketing and Sales Leadership Teams. The colleague works directly with the MLT and SLT to share insights and feedback and ensure alignment in the development and execution of initiatives. He/She works directly with Inside Sales Leadership to ensure alignment and support with resources aligned to coverage model and specific areas of the business.
As a leader in the Petcare organization, he/she will model Zoetis core beliefs and communicates the importance of conducting business in a manner consistent with Zoetis values and behaviors.
- Assesses and coaches individual and team performance to exceed business goals.
- Coaches and directs Marketing Managers in developing comprehensive marketing strategies, objectives and plans and in identifying and including key stakeholders throughout the process.
- Actively coaches direct reports to optimize their performance and develop their capabilities for advancement and future opportunities.
- Fosters an environment where coaching and feedback is open, ongoing and consistent.
- Leverages talent and resources across the marketing team and across business units.
B2B Professional Communications and Buying Programs
- Oversees development of Zoetis Petcare as a brand to serve the veterinary professional audience – including positioning, messaging, guidelines and digital platforms.
- Leads contact acquisition and enrichment/data management programs. Develops strategies and campaigns that enable Zoetis to build relationships with customers and accelerate purchase decisions.
- Leads Petcare B2B email prioritization initiative, which includes:
- Development and management of common calendarization and guidelines
- Development of a systematized customer-based prioritization approach (future state)
- Develops and deploys segmented above-brand campaigns to reinforce Petcare branding, promote our portfolio of products and support sales activity.
- Ensures Zoetis buying programs are effectively achieving growth/loyalty goals. Guides continuous assessment and enhancement.
- Leads integration of buying programs with Petcare Marketing and Sales from design, execution, ongoing training to member communication to raise awareness and utilization.
Medical Education/KOL Management and Conferences
- Leads ongoing strategic advancement of medical education offerings to support pipeline, key focus areas and full portfolio to advance Zoetis’ position in the industry. Leverages an omni-channel approach and continuously optimizes based on quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Oversees Petcare medical education initiatives at national and regional industry conferences.
- Ensures coordination across Marketing, Medical and Sales to achieve maximum impact.
- Oversees strategic development of KOL management system to build efficiencies, impact and bench of KOLs in key focus areas.
- Leads strategy and execution of Zoetis presence at national and regional conferences – including booth design, implementation, Field Force training, Petcare/Diagnostics Marketing presence, etc.
- Guides opportunity to leverage efforts to fulfill broader goals of organization (ex. increase contact acquisition/enrichment efforts and overall communications with professional audience.)
Field Customer Marketing
- Leads team of regionally aligned and functionally aligned Marketers to represent marketing leadership. Directs team, as partners to Regional/Functional Leadership (RBD/RVD, Inside Sales LT), to lead sales team in application of marketing resources to meet sales goals.
- Ensures that marketing discipline and process, and alignment with brand teams is completely intact for all developmental and execution efforts.
- External opportunities:
- Partners with customers (non-major, strategic $1M+ total sales) who have most potential for growth and influence current marketing approaches by increasing uptake of available resources and developing specialized campaigns.
- Leverages Op Ex and M&E funds (where applicable) to develop co-marketing initiatives.
- Maximizes marketing opportunity at regional conferences.
- Internal opportunities:
- Increases impact of available resources across brands: work with Field Force colleagues to deepen understanding and utilization of available marketing materials/programs and appropriate use targeting.
- Raises overall effectiveness of Field Force by educating and increasing competencies to implement our organizational advancements in marketing (ex. DTC, lead management, digital transformation, customer experience.).
- Customizes campaigns, based upon approved messaging, for region based on opportunity.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- BA/BS Marketing or business discipline, MBA or equivalent preferred
- 5+ years Animal Health marketing experience – demonstrating increasing responsibilities in brand and portfolio management, with 10+ years overall marketing experience
- Mastery of strategic marketing, brand maintenance, and marketing/finance principles
- Excellent understanding of customer experience principles in a B2B market
- Strong presentation/facilitation skills with large and small audiences
- Strong communications and team-building skills across company functions
- Strong organizational and project leadership skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of organizational acumen and working in a matrix organization
- Demonstrated negotiations and contracting skills
- Demonstrated understanding of sales models and selling skills