The Project Manager is responsible for planning, organizing and executing programs that contribute to the success of Vetoquinol’s commercial operation. Leading a team of project management specialists, the Project Manager will execute initiatives that facilitate collaboration between the sales, marketing and channel management and solutions divisions, ensuring consistency and efficiency in operational excellence.
- Uses project management software to manage assigned projects
- Establish goals, priorities and delivery dates for all projects based on bandwidth, business objectives and key account priorities
- Works with stakeholders to ensure alignment of goals, resources and timelines
- Provide regular status updates on projects and strategic initiatives to stakeholders
- Effectively coordinates efforts with other project management professionals within the organization to ensure seamless integration of company initiatives
- Collaborates with stakeholders to develop strategic initiatives and goals to drive company commercial objectives
- Assists in creating annual sales and marketing plans
- Serves on cross functional teams to facilitate proactive, consistent communication regarding assigned projects
Reporting & Budgeting
- Develops KPIs associated with stakeholders and provide regular benchmarks to those KPIs
- Provides reporting and metrics on projects including timelines, estimated hours (level of effort), budget costs versus actuals and post project recaps
- Manages relationship, budgets and projects with external agencies (as needed)
- Contribute to the company’s annual budget process by defining marketing budgets and key projects
- Bachelors degree in business, marketing or related field required
- 3-5 years of relevant experience may substitute for educational requirement
- Certification through Project Management Institute (PMP, CAPM, Agile Scrum Master) strongly preferred, but not required
- 3-5 years of project management experience in a multinational matrixed organization
- Experience in the US animal health industry or related industry a plus
- Communication: Communicates proactively with others in a simple and understandable manner that clearly conveys the message to the recipient. Openly and positively receives feedback on how to improve. Responds to all forms of communication in an effective and timely manner.
- Decision Making/Judgement: Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, communicates decisions to others. Handle customer situations in a win-win manner while meeting internal company standards.
- Organizational Savvy: Operates within the organization's formal and informal structures, builds allies and relationships across departments, uses allies to build consensus and create results, is appropriately diplomatic, understands others' roles and perspectives, can sell projects and ideas across the organization.
- Project Management: Establishes project goals, milestones, and procedures, defines roles and responsibilities, acquires project resources, coordinates projects throughout company, monitors project progress, manages multiple projects.
- Quality: Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
- Results Focus: Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets team standards and responsibilities, provides leadership/motivation.
- High competency in marketing planning/project management/key account management
- Extensive experience with project management software
- Marketing automation and CRM experience
- Strong verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, and work independently or with a team
- Detail oriented, extremely organized, and a problem solver
- Positive, committed attitude: a team player
- This position requires travel, including international travel, up to 20%