Primary Location is Durham, NC but other remote U.S. locations may be considered.
The Marketing Associate, Pork will enable the successful execution of initiatives launched by the Pork Marketing Team. Working in alignment with the US Pork Marketing team, implements marketing operations process and deliverables and plays an essential role in ensuring overall excellence in execution. Budget management and stewardship are critical components of the job. This individual is responsible for maintaining budget trackers and providing timely, reliable financial reporting and analysis. Above all, the Marketing Associate Pork is an indispensable resource in problem-solving, delivering results and demonstrating value.
- Understands business and marketing objectives and ensures execution aligns with larger strategies.
- Lead the development of customer activation initiatives.
- Lead day-to-day interactions with agency partners and ensure on-time delivery.
- Work with Sales and Technical Services to cascade messaging.
- Manage Advertising & Promotions (A&P) Budget, including maintenance, trackers, accrual reports, Purchase Orders (POs) and activities.
- Directly manage vendors and marketing suppliers in ensuring executional excellence.
- Manage logistics, communication initiatives and literature fulfillment for trade shows, customer meetings and internal meetings.
- Manage literature ordering and management processes.
- Manage the Content Review and Clearance (CRC) process for approval of marketing materials.
- Manage maintenance of up-to-date files of all marketing materials, product labels, studies, reprints etc.
- Manage all promotional material requests, including design and purchase.
- Develop appropriate metrics related to marketing communications programs to measure effectiveness.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- 5 years of relevant marketing communications or advertising agency experience required.
- Must demonstrate excellent marketing communications skills and knowledge.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in executing tactics.
- Experience in Business-to-business (B2B) Marketing
- Broad understanding of the full suite of integrated communications disciplines and solutions.
- An innate curiosity, and “always-on” desire to find a better way of doing things.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficiency at problem solving and coming to the table with a workable solution for every problem.
- Desire and ability to work within a strong team-oriented environment.
- An ability to implement programs and tactics with strong follow-up and accountability in achieving results.
- An ability to effectively manage communications vendors, and interface effectively with communications agency partners
- Impeccable communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven budget management and tracking ability in a cost-conscious environment.
- Proven record of initiative, resourcefulness and willingness to accept challenges.
- Proven experience in project management and in meeting deadlines.
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities, work under tight and frequent deadlines and be nimble in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- BS or BA required (Communications, Journalism, Business or related field).
- Animal health industry and agriculture experience preferred.