Strategic Growth Marketing Lead
This individual is responsible for leading the build of Next Generation Marketing capabilities within the US Petcare Marketing organization. Next Generation Marketing focuses on the advancement of B2C, pet owner-focused marketing capabilities across media execution, marketing measurement and personalization.
A key focus of the role will be translating pet owner strategy into innovative marketing approaches to drive brand media plans that deliver data-driven, personalized experiences across the full continuum of care. This will include closely collaborating with brand and B2C teams to define, design, and drive best-in-class execution of marketing campaigns aligned with business goals and objectives, as communicated by the Marketing Leadership Team.
In line with the broader company learning agenda, they will also develop next-gen marketing concepts to continually optimize and push new marketing concepts into marketing through rigorous Test & Learn (T&L) ideas and partner with brand and B2C teams to design, plan, execute, and measure the success of those initiatives. This person is expected to also be an owner and champion for this methodology – they will be responsible for embedding a test-and-learn mentality throughout the Petcare organization, working cross-functionally and at all levels to incorporate best practices into marketing processes.
Additional elements of the role will include supporting the overall pet owner strategy and partnering with the market research team to incorporate data and insights into key Marketing activities.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing and implementing marketing strategies to drive business growth, innovating new marketing concepts across channels, optimizing marketing in pursuit of efficiency and effectiveness (e.g., understanding of A/B and multivariate testing), managing and developing people, and a willingness to rapidly ramp up on and champion a new way of working. They will be fast-moving, adaptable, curious, and good at managing a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders to deliver results quickly.
GROWTH MARKETING LEAD, KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with broader B2C team to define and evolve pet owner strategy and support specific initiatives targeted at strategy activation
- Lead end-to-end initiatives that bring a data-driven approach to Marketing, spearheading opportunities to acquire and enrich pet owner data
- Establish KPIs to measure success of consumer marketing efforts across brands and channels; track, synthesize and communicate results and related learnings effectively across the Marketing organization in conjunction with other measurement activities (e.g., Marketing Mix Modeling)
- Support brand teams in end-to-end orchestration of marketing campaigns to test, learn, and optimize across key campaign phases (planning, design, execution, measurement)
- Support and maintain marketing learning agenda across key media channels and brand teams
- Orchestrate definition, execution, analysis, and optimization of Test & Learns (T&Ls) in partnership with Marketing Leadership, Brand Teams and external partners; recommend scaling path forward for successful pilots
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to refine suggested test & learn priorities, key KPIs, and performance targets to define campaign success and drive learning
- Support development and delivery of personalized pet owner experiences by combining best in class technology, data & analytics
- Update the internal playbook, establishing best practices and educating broader organization as a “player coach” on marketing tactics to reinforce data-driven culture
- Manage a team of direct reports focused on providing specific channel expertise
DESIRED REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 8-10 recent years in advertising / marketing strategy or digital advertising / marketing, e.g.
- Experience linking strategic priorities to growth initiatives across brands
- Experience defining marketing strategy, with an emphasis on media
- Experience planning and/or executing programmatic campaigns within a brand
- Strategic thinker, with the ability to translate quantitative and qualitative data/insights into growth initiatives
- Experience innovating into new marketing tactics that push the boundaries of truly next-gen marketing capabilities
- Analytical mindset, with proven success leveraging data to derive actionable insights and clearly communicate them to a diverse set of stakeholders
- Experience managing digital marketing strategy for programmatic TV, linear TV and/or social channels
- Understanding of lead generation and brand building techniques using Search, Social, Affiliate, and Programmatic channels
- Understanding of statistical applications to test and learn in marketing
- Strong communicator, with ability to manage multiple stakeholders across different functions and levels in defining and activating strategies
- Strong project management skills (e.g., building & rigorously tracking work plan, meeting deadlines in an in-flux environment)
- Calm and comfortable in ever-changing environment; results-driven with an ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with a concentration in Marketing or Business
Preferred but not required:
- Significant experience communicating technical material to range of audiences, including brands, corporate leadership, technology partners, and agencies
- Previous experience at a professional consulting company, or Marketing Strategy at a leading digital marketing agency
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service