Set of actions that demonstrate these Core Beliefs. Our Core Behaviors include:
- Our Colleagues Make the Difference
- Always Do the Right Thing
- Customer Obsessed
- Run It Like You Own It
- We Are One Zoetis
We are seeking a highly capable and experienced individual to lead our Petcare, Inside and Digital Sales teams. The primary responsibility of the Inside Sales Manager includes leading and developing a high performing team of Inside and Digital Sales Representatives. This includes demonstrating and utilizing solution coaching, business planning capabilities, change management and execution of area and regional strategies to maximize sales performance. The identified candidate should be able to build a high-performing team that delivers the Zoetis experience while driving organizational goals and priorities. This manager should drive organizational goals and priorities while building a culture where employees are engaged and valued by modeling the Zoetis Core Beliefs.
This position will require limited travel throughout the year to regional and national sales meetings.
- The ideal Candidate must be able to lead through others; by assigning work, monitoring activities and evaluating performance
- Attract, develop, evaluate, differentiate, and retain top talent through recruiting / hiring, ongoing coaching, proactive / effective use of both colleague development tools and performance management, and performance ratings.
- Spend 75% of available time on sales-coaching to help the team meet performance objectives by strengthening their core capabilities and professional development
- Lead and develop all colleagues accordingly based on position and skill level by consistently demonstrating Solution Coaching capabilities
- Direct the business activities and efforts of the Inside and Digital Sales Representative(s) to meet objectives set forth by leadership.
- Development and execution of an area business plan including demographics, economics, performance, potential, actionable items, tracking and reporting for the territories individually and the area overall.
- Develop and maintain product portfolio knowledge expertise
- Meet or exceed sales objectives (quota) both overall and for key growth products via development and coaching of the sales team within targeted accounts
- Successfully lead the launch of new products / services
- Demonstrate success in other key sales metrics such as growth rates and improving the health of the area business by improving leverage and managing analytical insights reports.
Leading the Business
- Develop annual strategic business plans including demographics, economics, performance, potential, actionable items, tracking and reporting for the colleagues individually and the team overall.
- Demonstrate success in key sales metrics such as call volume, phone skills, talk time and conversion rates by managing analytical insights reports.
- Coordination and resource allocation of marketing efforts
- Handling various administrative and reporting documents.
- Attending and participating in new product launches and regional sales meetings.
- Performing special projects and other duties as assigned and directed by the Director and/or headquarters management.
Ability to work in a cross-functional, cross business unit, team-based environment, align with and influence internal and external stakeholders, and build / manage relationships at all levels of an organization. Adept at working in highly fluid, complex, and ever-changing environments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Knowledge of the cattle industry preferred
Undergraduate degree (BS/BA) preferred
2+ years inside sales experience preferred
Success in previous roles including people leadership and creatively finding opportunities or solving problems to drive sales performance.
Excellent communication, interpersonal, business management and computer skills
Exemplifies what it means to be a change agent, continuous learner, and pushing self / others beyond dominant logic
Ability to work in a cross-functional team-based environment, align with and influence internal and external stakeholders, and build / manage relationships at all levels of an organization.
Adept at working in highly fluid, complex, and ever-changing environments.
Uses analytics and insights to enhance decision-making and tactical execution across area.
Follow-through and attention to detail.
Ability to manage assigned expense budgets
Customer focused professional demeanor and presentation style.
Highly focused and results oriented, able to identify goals and priorities and resolve issues in initial stages.
Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a close team environment, self-starter
Animal Health experience and general knowledge of veterinary medicine and prior selling experience in B2B direct sales.
Exhibit willingness to accept and incorporate feedback
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
Verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Ability to exercise good judgment and make thoughtful / fair decisions based on relevant information
Computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, and ability to learn Zoetis systems)
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
This description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required. Additional position specific requirements/responsibilities are contained in approved training curricula.