This job is archived
Covetrus – Kalamazoo or Battle Creek, Michigan
Covetrus is a global animal-health technology and services company dedicated to empowering veterinary practice partners to drive improved health and financial outcomes. We’re bringing together products, services, and technology into a single platform that connects our customers to the solutions and insights they need to work best. Our passion for the well-being of animals and those who care for them drives us to advance the world of veterinary medicine. Covetrus is headquartered in Portland, Maine, with more than 5,500 employees, serving over 100,000 customers around the globe.
Our Michigan location is seeking a Account Manager. The Account Manager builds and maintains strong customer relationships, serving as the primary “point of entry” for Covetrus customers in a territory to ensure vet access to Covetrus distributed brands, platforms, and technology services and drive topline growth for the company.
Education: A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required. A Bachelor’s degree in business management or animal health science is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience commensurate to fulfill all of the above duties and responsibilities is acceptable.
- 2+ years of experience working in a veterinary or distribution environment or prior sales experience preferred.
- Demonstrated track record in sales preferred.
- Account management experience as primary point of contact preferred.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Ability to understand and assimilate product knowledge and technical materials related to sales.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented, requiring little day-to-day supervision.
- Proven ability to build and maintain productive relationships with customers and internal partners.
- Must have ability to follow-through to solve customer problems.
- Exhibits willingness to accept and incorporate feedback.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to travel daily and maintain a flexible work schedule is essential. Must possess a valid drivers’ license.
- Must live within assigned territory.
- Organization of call schedules, detail sheets, and delivery of sales collateral.
- Sells a range of Covetrus products and services through in-person sales calls to veterinary professionals in an assigned territory by regularly contacting all accounts.
- Maintains or exceeds monthly and annual territory sales targets and projections. Grows territory sales and gross profit to meet communicated targets.
- Develops sales strategy to grow territory sales volume in conjunction with Region Manager by reviewing sales reports, account records, and trend information.
- Meets or exceeds goals for Gross Profit, Core, Agency, Specialty/Compounding, Commercial Platform and other key product areas.
- Successfully launch new products and other offerings by achieving company, zone, or regional account penetration goals.
- Improve the health of your business by having significant sales across all key product categories, manufacturer partners, and the # of accounts.
- Develops new accounts and grows existing account revenue/profit by working closely with Inside Sales, New Business Technology Sales, and other Covetrus teams as needed.
- Establishes a deep and wide strategy within all practices (Total Practice Call) to build relationships and uncover new selling or service opportunities.
- Serves as lead in helping customers manage and leverage opportunities with our manufacturer partners as well as other Covetrus offerings.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key channel partners including quarterly business reviews, joint calls with clinics, and obtains needed resources and support. Maintain key relationships with support team, including – GPO, Compounding and Technology sales team members.
- Creates and implements a call-cycle that allows consistent account coverage and for you to develop and maintain relationships with all viable accounts in territory.
- Closes on technology sales leads created and passed along by New Business Technology Sales team.
- Works closely with Inside Sales and other internal departments to develop, maintain, and service accounts in an effort to increase sales.
- Leverage Practice Partners initiatives to be the solutions provider to customers.
- Effectively uses available tools and reports to enhance customer experience and call effectiveness
- Educates veterinarians and staff by detailing new pharmaceuticals and equipment.
- Conducts onboarding of new customers in collaboration with Professional Services and Support team.
- Strengthens customer relationships by coordinating with customer care and technical support to resolve account issues or increase sales.
- Provides expert insight for existing and new clients by consulting and engaging technical sales specialists.
- Develops and implements an account call system to productively manage accounts within a given territory.
- Leads and assists in other projects and performs other duties as assigned.
This full-time position provides:
- Medical, dental, vision, and other insurance options
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Progressive Flexible Time Off (FTO) and Paid Time Off (PTO) plans
- Paid holidays
- Growth opportunities and more!