The Territory Manager develops an assigned territory to meet desired sales, gross margin, and profit goals. The Territory Manager represents the entire range of company products and services available within his/her territory to assigned customers while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring the customer’s needs and expectations are met by the company.
- Proactively leads an account planning process that develops performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones
- Establish a business plan to meet assigned objectives, goals and quotas
- Implements selling process with account planning and sales calls
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts
- Identifies growth opportunities within existing accounts and target accounts.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel
- Supports and execute Vetoquinol’s Sales and Marketing activities
- Conducts product knowledge training sessions with customer’s sales staff on all applicable products
- Merchandises each customer with updated samples, literature, and displays.
- Proper communication internally and externally, including prompt reviews and replies to email, voice mail and phone calls
- Relays all competitive information to company management
- Meet all required deadlines and proper follow-up and follow through on requests assigned or asked of the Territory Manager.
General and Administrative
- Supports the corporate vision, mission, and values
- Communicates effectively with various management and operational departments, informing and updating them regularly to guarantee that sales and customer objectives are met
- Complies with all OSHA safety requirements, work rules and regulations
- Compiles and maintains all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Follows systems and procedures outlined in company manuals
- Participates as a team player by supporting operations as needed
- All other duties as requested by management
Formal Education and Certification
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution
- 5 years experience in business-to-business sales may be substituted for the educational requirement
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in business-to-business sales
- Experience in animal or human health sales is highly preferred
- Computer skills and proficiency
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, possessing an ability to work with a diverse population
- Proven skills in negotiation
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team
- Desire to serve