This job is archived
(Archived) Territory Sales Manager
tsp is engaged in a direct hire search for a leading global healthcare company, with a foundation in pharmaceutical distribution and solutions for manufacturers, pharmacies and providers.
At our client, they provide compensation, resources and benefits that enable a high-performance culture and support their team members’ ability to live with purpose, every day.
They provide their team members with so much more than a paycheck. Their compensation packages start with a competitive base pay and additional benefits including four weeks of paid time off, shift differentials, incentive and overtime pay, 401K match and tuition reimbursement.
In addition to traditional health & welfare offerings like medical, dental and vision care, they offer a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness.
They know that a well-rounded workforce starts with supporting their team members at home. Their support for working families includes backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage team members' personal and professional growth and development, they offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups and paid volunteer time off.
At our client, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, they are united in their responsibility to create healthier futures.
- Responsible for generating sales of products, equipment, and solutions within new and existing customers within an assigned sales territory. The field sales professional is also responsible for ensuring a high level of customer service excellence and experience, that they remain a uniquely differentiated, highly valued, customer resource by proactively and continually advancing their personal knowledge, skills and expertise in a way that separates them from the competition. Our client believes the winning combination relies on being a company with innovative, differentiated, and superior solutions, services, and people. It is our competitive advantage.
- Meets or exceeds specific business sales targets, for revenue, profit, solutions, and margin growth with new and existing customers in assigned segment.
- Act as a consultant to customers, seeking to understand their business and needs to select products and services to satisfy those needs.
- Is responsible for prospecting and developing new business leads within the territory
- Ensures ongoing contract compliance from existing customers, as well as Negotiates contracts with new or existing customers in segments where applicable
- Leads the onboarding of new customers by effectively collaborating with functional departments to ensure a smoothly and excellent customer experience.
- Travel 0-2 nights per week based on the territory needs, travel to sales meetings, trade shows, and conferences as needed, 4-5 days in the field.
Requires a demonstrated history of successful application of consultative selling skills in a diverse customer marketplace resulting in improved customer sales. Broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four-year bachelor’s degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education are required. Normally requires five (5) plus years directly related and progressively responsible relevant industry experience.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge and Ability Requirements
- Working knowledge of industry, trends, and challenges facing customers
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and adapt communication style to various audiences
- Ability to actively listen and influence others with different points of view
- Advanced understanding of financial concepts relevant to maximizing sales profit (e.g., profit and loss statements, value)
- Excellent customer service skills to address potential issues through channels such as Customer Care without compromising selling-focused conversation
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to change, and successfully monitor multiple tasks without sacrificing quality or timeliness of work
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong time management skills: ability to schedule customer appointments in advance
- Our client is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.