Covetrus – New York/New Jersey
Covetrus is a global animal-health technology and services company dedicated to empowering veterinary practice partners to drive improved health and financial outcomes. We’re bringing together products, services, and technology into a single platform that connects our customers to the solutions and insights they need to work best. Our passion for the well-being of animals and those who care for them drives us to advance the world of veterinary medicine. Covetrus is headquartered in Portland, Maine, with more than 5,500 employees, serving over 100,000 customers around the globe.
The primary responsibility of the Regional Director is to effectively lead, teach, and coach Account Managers within the region to achieve short and long term results and deliver on financial performance expectations. This includes meeting or exceeding goals for gross profit, core and agency sales, Covetrus Brand, GPM (Commercial & Specialty), GTS, Strategic Accounts, and other key sales categories, partners, and product segments.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business or animal health science preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience commensurate to fulfill all of the above functions and responsibilities is acceptable.
- 4+ years of sales management experience required. Experience in animal health preferred.
- Ability to influence and build a culture that supports business priorities and strategies.
- Must possess strong communication, organizational, time management, and motivational skills.
- Ability to understand and assimilate product knowledge and technical materials related to sales.
- Working knowledge of applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Familiarity with budgeting and P&L experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, customer-service driven environment
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with customers, vendors, and internal partners.
- Exhibits a willingness to accept and incorporate feedback.
- Must have ability to follow-through to solve customer problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extensive computer use.
- Ability to travel 60% or more is essential. Must possess a valid Driver’s license.
- Must live within assigned region.
- Develops a Region Plan with a focus on Covetrus priorities (new account acquisition, efficient account alignment, etc.) and resource allocation and utilization. Conducts quarterly business review with leadership to discuss and assess.
- Leads sales team in the obtainment of sales goals and financial results, including driving the team to diversify their business with both manufacturers and competitive accounts. Ensures engagement in all key product segments.
- Coaches team members on meeting performance objectives and develops their selling/technical/territory management skills. Participates in co-rides with all team members, providing timely verbal and written feedback (within 48 hours).
- Monitors territory performance; identifies and manages underperforming territories. Considers factors such as sales performance, job execution, willingness to be a part of a team, and ability to deliver results. Develops and implements strategies and action steps to improve performance.
- Conducts business reviews with team members to discuss financial performance, territory planning, diversification, and actions that need to be taken.
- Attracts, develops, evaluates, and retains top talent through recruiting, coaching, and effective performance management. Identifies retention risks and works to mitigate to ensure low impact to our customers.
- Drives company initiatives and ensures team is utilizing all company services, technologies and benefits including but not limited to Practice Solutions (PSI, OSHA, Team Harmony, etc.), CRM, Strategic Accounts, etc.
- Partners with Strategic Accounts and Corporate Account leadership to ensure a positive and consistent new practice onboarding experience.
- Proactively and effectively uses pricing, rebate, and GPO strategies to drive sales and GP results.
- Manages region related expenses to ensure they fall within budget guidelines and are in line with the performance within the region.
- Develops and maintain relationships with key channel partners and top accounts.
- Utilizes effective and motivational verbal and written communication with Region team, Covetrus colleagues, and external stakeholders.
- Provides clear direction and leadership during all interactions with team.
- Ensures team is informed and educated on all pertinent company strategies, decisions, and programs.
- Collaborates with team and internal resources to answer questions and resolves customer issues.
- Participates in the establishment and forecasting of annual region territory sales projections.
- Leads and assists in other projects and performs other duties as assigned.
This full-time position provides:
- Medical, dental, vision, and other insurance options
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Progressive Flexible Time Off (FTO) and Paid Time Off (PTO) plans
- Paid holidays
- Growth opportunities and more!