Dechra Veterinary Products, with headquarters in Manchester, England, is a leader in specialized pharmaceuticals for the companion animal and equine markets. Dechra’s US subsidiary, located in Overland Park, Kansas, is rapidly expanding to meet demands for key products under development.
Dechra provides a lucrative benefit package to all employees.
- Demonstrates strong selling skills and solid sales experience in the equine animal health industry.
- Experience in developing and executing territory business plans.
- Knowledge and understanding of the medical, operational and business side of veterinary practice.
- Experience in managing and maintaining strong distributor relationships.
- Knowledge and understanding of selling in the veterinary school environment and developing relations with key faculty and veterinary students.
- Strong analytical, technical, communication and presentation skills.
- Candidate must demonstrate initiative and accomplish goals with minimal supervision.
- Solid understanding of basic computer programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Willing to travel extensively throughout assigned territory and to regional and national events.
- Commercial and Business Acumen
- Project Management
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Management
- Customer Service
- Results Focused
- Product and Technical Knowledge
Behaviour and Values
(D) Dedication - committed to delivering excellence
(E) Enjoyment - enthusiastic and results driven
(C) Courage - able to take calculated risks
(H) Honesty – honest with a high level of integrity
(R) Relationships - team player
(A) Ambition - willing and able to go the extra mile
College Degree required
Knowledge and Experience
DVM with a minimum of 3-5 years clinical experience
Travel – often up to 75%
- Report to, and operate under the general direction of Equine Business Manager.
- Meet established sales goals and manage expenses to budget.
- Maintain positive relationships with key distributor Representatives.
- Conduct veterinary clinic sales calls, with and without distributor sales representatives.
- Organize and attend seminars, dinner programs, CE programs, etc. with targeted veterinarians.
- Attend distributor sales meetings to train distributor Representatives on Company products.
- Sell to, and develop relationships with faculty/students, at veterinary schools in the assigned territory.
- Provide regular feedback, as required, to management.
- Provide input/feedback to management on marketing programs, marketing materials and distributor promotions.
- Attend key National, Regional & State veterinary conferences as needed (i.e. NAVC, AAEP, WVC).
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key veterinarians and opinion leaders.
- Other duties as requested.