This job is archived
Smiths Medical is hiring an Animal Health Global Product Manager to be based either at our Corporate Headquarters in Plymouth, MN, or remotely within the US.
We are currently looking for an experienced Product Manager to support continued growth of our Animal Health Business. The role covers portfolio management of the SurgiVet brand, along with sales from the wider Smiths Medical product lines (eg. Level1, Medfusion and Portex) into the Animal Health market. This is a unique position within Smiths Medical with exposure across all the product lines, and the ability to drive business growth in a fast paced industry. This Global Product Manager will join a team of passionate and highly experienced individuals, with the common goal to provide our customers with the best possible solutions for their clinical needs. The primary product focus is Patient Monitoring, Infusion pumps, Temperature Management equipment and critical care consumables. In addition to Animal Health products, this position will also support product development for the Smiths Medical OEM business. The role can be based out of our Plymouth office in Minnesota, or field based. There is a focus on supporting the US business, but we are also developing strong growth in EMEA and APAC regions. The Global Product Manager will work closely with a cross functional team to launch a critical new portfolio of products, define global customer needs and feature requirements for future product(s) within the portfolio and assist in the development of long-range product plans of our Animal Health and OEM product lines.
Smiths Medical has a positive impact on someone’s life around the world every minute of every day. In fact, over 240 people every minute benefit from a Smiths Medical product. Join us and grow your career while being a part of our continued success! We offer a fun, fast-paced, inspiring and collaborative work environment with opportunities to learn and contribute at all career levels. Innovation is part of who we are, with industry-leading products across a broad spectrum of medical device categories and a strong new product development pipeline.
At Smiths Medical, we are committed to a culture of Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) where all colleagues feel comfortable, confident and supported bringing their authentic selves to work. We recognize that diversity and inclusion are important and complex issues that need to be addressed holistically to better engage and support underrepresented groups. You can learn more about our D&I initiatives, here.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Marketing lead for new Animal Health and OEM product launches which includes: Launch strategy development, market development programs, product claims and positioning
- Identifies, evaluates and recommends market opportunities for future product(s) in the portfolio. Proficient in writing business plans, tracking results and developing accurate global forecasting
- Identifies, evaluates and recommends market opportunities for these product(s)
- Define global customer needs and feature requirements for future Animal Health and OEM products and assist in the development of long-range product plans.
- Develop, maintain and grow relationships with key customers and KOLs.
- Complete functional phase review deliverables, collaborate with R&D teams and marketing managers to translate customer requirements into meaningful product features and negotiate trade-offs necessary to meet technical requirements
- Monitors and manages business performance for product(s) including global revenue and margin analysis, market trends and drivers and global forecasting for new products
- Marketing lead for market surveillance, cost reduction initiatives and SKU management for product(s) and product stewardship
- This position is required to assure compliance of Company operations to all applicable laws, regulations and standards, good business practices and company documented procedures (including knowledge of all standards, government occupational health and environmental regulations and statutes related to the site)
- Engage others, promote, and participate in Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives, focusing on continuous improvement.
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.REQUIREMENTS
- University Degree (BA degree) in a related field preferred
- 5+ years experience marketing role in animal health or medical device
- Demonstrated proficiency in applying established standards, through knowledge base acquired from extensive experience in a similar role
- Proficiency in weighing options and choosing appropriate course of action, with input from Specialty Marketing Director, Specialty Channel Director and Specialty VP
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on extremely complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variance factors
In addition to a competitive compensation package, Smiths Medical offers a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and much more!