This job is archived
The Platform Manager devises, implements, and oversees the marketing strategy for assigned lines of product to achieve defined goals. Internally, the Platform Manager will maintain significant contact with the field sales and customer service, finance, regulatory, and logistics departments. Externally, the Platform Manager builds and maintains relationships with distributors, strategic accounts, agencies, press, and key customers.
- Create and implement the marketing strategy for the products in designated product ranges, manage the preparation of the associated marketing materials, working either in-house or with design/advertising agencies
- Gain an understanding of the pet products retail market, customer requirements, and competition.
- Liaison with Opinion Leaders and outside associations that may be appropriate to assist in marketing the assigned products
- Monitor publications, journals, and competitor information and comment accordingly
- Ensure that the necessary training, both technical and product marketing strategy is given to Sales and Customer Service
- Commission where necessary ad hoc market research, setting clear objectives and appropriate brief
- Prepare and execute an annual marketing plan with input from the appropriate internal customers
- Manage the accuracy, compliance, and production of all selling and promotional materials according to marketing plans
- Coordinate marketing materials for trade shows and conferences
- Lead new product launch activities and liaise with all relevant departments to ensure launch objectives are met
- Prepare the promotional budget and spend it according to plan
- Participate in product development activities including forecasting, market analysis
- Travel as necessary to conferences and/or field rides with sales representatives
- Maintain regular communications with sales and strategic accounts teams
Reporting & Planning
- Provide the agreed reports on marketing activity to the Marketing Manager, and others where required
- Ensure short term planning of all activity within the platform
- Coordinate with the Sales, Technical Veterinary, and Customer Service departments to ensure coherence between marketing activities and field sales force activity
- Based on Marketing Plans, produce quarterly promotional plans with specific metrics and reporting
- Contribute to the Company’s annual budget process by defining marketing budgets and key projects, produce annual marketing plans for each product or product range within platform
- Define the long term outlook for the company through participation in the Strategic planning process
- Bachelors degree in business or marketing-related field required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of retail marketing/product management experience in a multinational organization
- Experience in the US animal health industry or related industry.
- Track record of success in business to business negotiations
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, possessing an ability to work with a diverse population
- Advanced presentation skills
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team
- Desire to serve