Under general direction of the Director, Marketing, this position is responsible for the strategic planning, development, implementation, communication, and analyses of marketing programs that support the annual goals and long-term strategies of the Animal Health segment’s portfolio of value-add solutions. This includes aligning those marketing programs that are budgeted at a segment level to the areas of growth, and the areas of focus, that are indicated in the animal health strategy. This role is responsible for prioritizing and managing a diverse marketing mix to best communicate a solution(s)’ key messages and assets internally and externally. As a member of the Enterprise Marketing Team, the Product Marketing Manager operates in a highly collaborative environment, representing the animal health segment and serving as an expert related to marketing AmerisourceBergen’s capabilities. This role ensures that all marketing programs and related internal/external communications are strategically aligned to support the positioning, messaging, and brand identity of both the Animal Health segment and AmerisourceBergen.
The position works under the broad direction of the AmerisourceBergen Enterprise Marketing team, through the direct supervision of the Director, Marketing for Animal Health, and in collaboration with the business’ senior management team. In order to guarantee the completion of projects, and ensure the quality and consistency of information conveyed in marketing materials and programs this role collaborates extensively with associates across all areas of the Animal Health segment, as well as the AmerisourceBergen extended marketing team, enterprise-wide shared service functions, and associates working mid to senior management roles within other business units.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define and develop the marketing plan for the portfolio of services, including value proposition, positioning, needs-based segmentation, sales enablement assets (e.g. case studies) and marketing mix
- Align key stakeholders around the marketing objectives and plan, and lead execution of the plan
- Build go-to-market and plans and execution of new products and services
- Responsible for the design and implementation of marketing projects to drive revenue and profit growth
- Partner closely with subject matter experts to ensure marketing programs’ alignment to pipeline objectives and build awareness campaigns to support adequate pipeline coverage
- Collaborates with internal business and marketing leadership to identify strategic opportunities that help improve the company’s market position
- Manages and monitors budget associated with marketing programs effectively
- Regularly measures and draws insights from programs and tactics; producing standard reports which track progress toward goals and updating strategic plans based on the outcomes
- Prepare and deliver value proposition training and marketing presentations that support capabilities deck development
- Assist in the development and execution of specific projects and tactical plans to support pricing and product positioning strategies to optimize revenue, market share and profitability
- Performs related duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops strong relationships with key internal stakeholders and supports internal communication and training initiatives designed to raise awareness for marketing activities and the utilization of sales support assets in order to facilitate new business development
- Presents to internal stakeholders on marketing initiatives – both internal and external and attends industry specific conferences as needed to inform and support marketing strategies.
- Demonstrate strong financial acumen and logical decision making in the general business environment. Understands and can demonstrate sound thought processes as it relates to pricing, deal structure and assessing financial implications.
- Develops PowerPoint presentations related to key initiatives for internal and external business meetings and conferences
- Performs related duties as assigned
- 10-15% travel
Candidates must have experience in product or service marketing—developing value proposition and product positioning, developing strategic and executing tactical plans, launching new products and services within a competitive market and creating case study and other content and assets which demonstrate the differentiated value that the product or services provides.
The position requires broad training in fields such as marketing, communications, product management, business development, account management, project management, business management, or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four-year Bachelor's Degree Program or equivalent combination of experience and education; normally requires a minimum of four (4) years directly related and progressively responsible marketing experience.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task, manage and execute multiple initiatives simultaneously and on-time
- Must be customer service oriented
- Ability to resolve issues efficiently and effectively
- Ability to learn quickly and apply learning for related activities
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel. Superior PowerPoint skills.
- Recent work experience in the animal health, pharmaceutical, SaaS or other area of healthcare and in animal health industry is a plus.