To apply, you must submit your application at: https://www.vetoquinolusa.com/careers
This position may work remotely anywhere within the United States.
The Sr. Channel Manager is responsible for developing relationships, business, and services with key accounts in the OTC and retail segments for Vetoquinol USA. The Sr. Channel Manager will devise and develop creative and profitable business solutions that serve both Vetoquinol and our key accounts, developing long-term objectives and customer satisfaction goals.
- Conducts all recruiting, training, supervising, and evaluating of assigned staff members.
- Continuously improves the department’s function, including the development of staff by providing effective coaching and feedback as well as appropriate delegation to staff members; conducts annual reviews.
Strategic Account Management
- Leads the formulation for Vetoquinol USA's strategy for maintaining relationships with OTC and retail key accounts and business partners with special emphasis in the pet channel.
- Oversees the management of relationships with a variety of key accounts and Vetoquinol USA; optimize relationships and partnerships with retail partners, OTC partners, and distributors.
- Effectively collaborates with global key account teams to appropriately implement Vetoquinol global key account management best practices and provide influence on the development of future best practices.
- Works with all departments to devise a detailed tailored plan for key accounts that maximizes sales opportunities in the short and long term.
- Develops the turnover and profitability of key account activities, contributing to the achievement of company ROC objectives by achieving sales targets, and ensuring that gross margins are in-line with budgets.
- Ensures the preparations and updates on regular sales forecasts for all key accounts.
- Assists in the preparation of contractual agreements and ensure such agreements are properly executed.
- Communicates with internal customers on pull-through opportunities.
- Monitors the business environment to stay current on trends, growth objectives, competitive strategies, etc. to be best able to leverage new, innovative partnering opportunities.
- Maintains knowledge of competitive activities and develops appropriate response strategies/tactics.
- Completes necessary reports as required.
- Properly communicates internally and externally, including prompt reviews and replies to email, voice mail, and phone calls
- Relays all competitive information to company management
- Meet all required deadlines and proper follow-up and follow through on requests assigned or asked of the Sr. Channel Manager
- Supports the company vision and mission, and demonstrates the corporate core values in all professional activities.
- Complies with all OSHA safety requirements, work rules, and regulations.
- Compiles and maintains all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Follows systems and procedures outlined in company manuals.
- All other duties as requested by management.
Formal Education and Certification
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years of strategic account management experience
- Experience working with Petco, PetSmart, and other pet channel partners highly preferred
- Experience in the animal health industry is highly preferable
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, possessing an ability to work with a diverse population
- Advanced presentation skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- The ability to read trends and analyze complex sets of data
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team
- Desire to serve
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50% of time.