The Continuum of Care Marketer is responsible for leading planning and marketing efforts for comprehensive U.S. Petcare solutions that help veterinary professionals predict, prevent, detect and treat pets in their care. They will work collaboratively with Marketing and Medical colleagues to develop positioning and messaging that communicates best medicine through case management approach in areas like wellness (vaccines and parasiticides), geriatrics, dermatology and pain. The Continuum of Care Marketer will partner with Marketing colleagues to implement marketing strategies and ensure that case management-based messages are integrated in communications across audiences and channels. They will work with the Financial Programs Manager, Net Revenue Management and Finance colleagues to deliver incremental revenue through unique programs that link diagnostics to other Petcare solutions. The Continuum of Care Marketer will leverage industry guidelines and develop and maintain relationships with KOLs to inform positioning and messaging and to engage in delivering case management-based medical education. They will also coordinate with Global Diagnostics, Global Commercial Development (GCD), Veterinary Medical Research and Development (VMRD) and Business Development (BD) on strategies that leverage anonymized aggregated data to develop predictive tools and to develop diagnostics that are highly aligned with Petcare solutions and enable incremental value.
As a colleague within Petcare Marketing, he/she will model Zoetis core beliefs and communicate the importance of conducting business in a manner consistent with those values and behaviors.
- Consistent focus on developing plans that leverage and integrate across Rx and Dx comprehensive Petcare solutions (ie. continuum of care)
- Lead the strategic planning efforts for Continuum of Care; including market and competitive analysis, positioning, messaging, and development of communications plan focused on both external and internal customers.
- Responsible for managing the A&P budget for assigned area.
- Develop, implement, and measure effective, targeted, multi-channel marketing initiatives that educate and drive demand leading to overall market growth and increased product usage.
- Provide timely marketing materials and programs to the Sales Force and all channel partners in support of demand creation efforts.
- Support product development and participate in commercial development and lifecycle planning as part of the Global Asset Team.
- Be highly responsive in managing all communications with customers, Customer Service, Inside Sales, Territory Business Managers, Area Business Managers, Diagnostic Sales Consultants, Diagnostic Technical Specialists, Major Accounts, Customer Interaction Team, and Senior Management.
- Direct and maintain ongoing relationships with agencies and consultants.
- Develop a strong knowledge of standards of care, competitive landscape and customer insights.
- Prepare strategic updates and manage communications to appropriate Zoetis Senior Management.
Qualifications & Experience
These qualifications, experiences, and skills are highly desirable; however, they do not preclude exceptions based on an individual’s performance history and demonstrated potential.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience in animal health, with a history of demonstrated success in delivering business results in innovative and rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent understanding of science-based marketing and the marketing process.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver best-in-class integrated marketing plans and programs to address a dynamic market.
- Ability to favorably influence people without direct authority. Strengths in team and relationship building.
- Strong written and verbal communication, project management, and computer software skills among standard company programs.
- Highly responsive and results oriented. Strategically agile and energized by a fast-moving environment.
- Strong business/financial acumen, analytical thinking, problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Proven ability in handling and effectively prioritizing multiple projects while maintaining a positive attitude and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to travel to internal and external meetings, and customer interactions (20%).