The Marketing Communications (MarCom) Manager plays a key role in enabling the success of marketing efforts in a dynamic, diverse and growing business unit. The MarCom Manager leads the development of communications strategies that ensure consistent and timely messaging across brands, therapeutic areas, programs and customer segments. The MarCom Manager also is responsible for executional excellence, and ensuring that all communications tactics are delivered on strategy, on time and on budget. Above all, the MarCom Manager is a thought leader in providing strategic, results-oriented communications solutions.
In this role, the MarCom Manager will partner within our Petcare Marketing Team, across a variety of brands within the portfolio and across various business units within Petcare.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- A proven ability to think strategically.
- Broad understanding of the full suite of integrated communications disciplines and solutions.
- An innate curiosity, and “always-on” desire to find a better way of doing things.
- Proficiency at problem solving and coming to the table with a workable solution for every problem.
- Strength in team- and relationship-building
- Desire and ability to work within a strong team-oriented environment.
- An ability to develop and implement plans and programs with strong follow-up and accountability in achieving results.
- An ability to effectively manage communications agencies, fueled by a keen understanding of how agencies work.
- Impeccable communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to provide innovative solutions to meet marketing objectives and business strategies.
- Proven record of initiative, resourcefulness and willingness to accept challenges.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience in project management and in meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated strong level of negotiation and influence skills, including ability to motivate and forge consensus among peers.
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities, work under tight and frequent deadlines and be nimble in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Manage the planning, development and implementation of communications plans and programs that help accomplish business and marketing objectives.
- Ensure all communications touchpoints align with segment and brand strategies and all messaging is appropriate and consistent across mediums and portfolios.
- Provide strategic counsel to Marketing and other internal clients to ensure appropriate messaging and medium mix accomplish set marketing objectives by customer segment and therapeutic category.
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with the communications agency team, ensuring on-strategy deliverables, timely interaction and appropriate follow through.
- Understand and “own” the content review and approval process and ensure that it is followed consistently. Work with all key internal stakeholders (including regulatory, legal, medical, corporate communications and Investor Relations) to secure approval of communications pieces.
- Partner with Marketing and agencies to develop and implement marketing communications campaigns.
- Work with the Communications Director on internal communications strategies and executions as necessary.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for agency, trade associations, industry groups, partner companies and all marketing and promotion suppliers.
- Develop appropriate metrics related to marketing communications programs to measure effectiveness.
- Ensure logistics and communications initiatives for trade shows, customer meetings and internal meetings are developed and implemented effectively.
- Ensure the development and optimal use of the CRM platform to prioritize and target and identify opportunities and threats.
- Optimize resources, including promotional budget and team resources to maximize revenue and profitability.
- Facilitate cross-functional team discussions for developing and implementing communications strategies that maximize growth.
- Provide input, share best practices and provide feedback to Zoetis colleagues.
- Represent the MarCom team generally, and the Director specifically, as called upon to do so.
Once established in the position, the MarCom Manager will be an individual regarded by colleagues as someone who:
- Consistently delivers results.
- Is strategic and understands business and marketing objectives.
- Brings fresh thinking and ideas to the table and accompanies every problem with a solution.
- Is energetic, enthused about the position and clearly excited to be working in Zoetis’s Petcare business.
- Is innovative and resourceful.
- Always meets deadlines.
- Is communicative and accountable.
- Is willing to step up and lead.
- Has a point-of-view.
- Is a responsible steward of Zoetis resources.
- Represents the ideal of what Zoetis stands for.
- Operates honestly, transparently and with integrity – day in and day out.
- Can persevere, meet challenges and bounce back from adversity.
BS or BA required (Communications, Journalism, Business or related field). MBA or advanced degree preferred, but not required.
Seven to 10 years of relevant marketing communications, marketing and/or operations experience required. Pharmaceutical industry experience required. Experience working within a healthcare advertising agency as Account Supervisor/Account Director preferred.
Must demonstrate excellent marketing communications skills and knowledge. Experience working with cross-functional teams in developing and executing segment and brand communications strategies, programs and tactics that consistently and effectively deliver messages across brands, therapeutic areas and customer segments in support of overall business plans. Demonstrated ability to be a team player; organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment; and perform well and delivery high-quality under deadline.Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.