Nature and scope
Responsible for all sales activities, including the effective coordination of the distributor rep network and support sponsorship opportunities (veterinary and horse owner events), in the territory. The territory for this position covers Michigan, Indiana, and Kentucky and East.
Essential duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve sales objectives for the Company’s products in the territory assigned.
- Focus on and service Key Accounts (licensed veterinarians), as agreed upon by the company, to sell AHD products through personal presentations and all other appropriate means, including regular scheduled sales calls, in-clinic educational seminars, virtual training sessions, etc.
- Effectively coordinate/leverage local distribution network activities to optimize coverage of the account base, especially in non-Key Accounts, across the territory.
- Effectively coordinate/leverage Event Specialist to optimize planning, execution and follow up of key sponsorships in the region.
- Prepare and present an annual territory sales plan, analyzing each equine health practice’s market potential, AHD products market share, problems and opportunities, developing strategies and tactics to meet the sales objectives, including any proposed equine events.
- Gather and record individual account market data, through daily input into the approved CRM system database, reporting daily activities, synchronize daily with headquarters.
- Identify and interact with and support Key Opinion Leaders in assigned territory, maintaining frequent contact with division marketing department to communicate knowledge about developments in the US market, opportunities and requests from KOL’s.
- In close collaboration with the AHD Marketing, monitor competitors pricing and distribution strategies; implement appropriate AHD marketing, pricing and distribution strategies.
- Manage territory selling expenses within approved budget and policy.
- Work collaboratively with all appropriate corporate departments to provide customers with a top quality level of service, while operating in full compliance of all company requirements.
- Prepare and transmit required administrative work (expense reports, activity reports, etc.) in accordance with company policies and in a timely manner.
- At all times, represent the AHD in a positive and professional manner and ensure that the AHD maintains the highest level of business ethics in its US operation
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or equivalent experience, required.
- Minimum 3+ years successful sales experience in the Animal Health market, preferably in the Equine Health segment.
- Experience in managing a distribution network preferred.
- Proficient in MS Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, knowledge of CRM.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including comfort in presenting to groups, both live and in a virtual format.
- Travel up to 80% required, to include extensive weekend attendance at Equine event
Please apply directly to the link below: