As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for developing, testing, and implementing a strategy to reach and engage target audiences through digital channels like web, mobile and social. While other groups may draft the messaging, the digital Marketing Manager will work hand-in-hand with the marketing team and Brand Managers specifically to create digital-first content within compliance guidelines and policy.
The role will be responsible for driving web strategy and our website portals (vet and farm), and driving our email SalesForce Marketing Cloud customer journeys. This position is also responsible for implementing cross-channel analytics, surfacing relevant emerging trends, and providing comprehensive guidelines.
High performing Digital teams build a strong partnership with IT, which own critical technology infrastructure and associated services. The digital marketing manager will be expected to develop strong links with IT and global digital teams, and understand and influence global digital strategy.
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
The Digital Manager will primarily be responsible for driving the digital transformation for multi-channel across the Canadian affiliate for the Pet Health vet channel and Farm animal business. The Digital Manager position requires working closely with multiple functions including brand marketing, Legal and Compliance teams, Global Digital team and IT.
The Digital Marketing manager will own the oversight of our website strategy and content development in addition to the Sales Force marketing cloud email strategy and deployment. In addition, this role will provide support to the brand managers in their digital media plans.
The following areas of expertise are key for the role:
- Customer Experience: ability to build customer loyalty with engaging campaigns and content.
- Multi-channel marketing: from designing channel strategies to choosing and implementing the right platform and integrating it with other systems (CRM, Customer Portal) to support a truly connected customer experience. Ensure existing standards and processes are followed
- Digital Content: define and identify ways of accelerating the usage of digital content as well as standardizing content production and distribution
- Digital Capabilities: working together with other digital capability owners to deliver best in class solutions
- Insight and analytics: from generating ideas, creating concepts, testing and implementing digital innovation.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, Marketing/Business preferred (with specialization in Digital Marketing/Web Design/Web Development)
- 3+ years’ experience in Digital Marketing
- Knowledge of social media analytical tools across both social listening and engagement
- Good knowledge of marketing automation and interactions technologies
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Speak and write fluently in English
- Digital capabilities: Good knowledge about digital marketing capabilities with experience in the following areas: social media, web marketing, search, email, lead generation, marketing automation
- Customer experience: build brand awareness and customer loyalty with engaging campaigns
- Traffic driving: knowledge of driving traffic to websites & web services via various campaigns for example SEO, e-newsletter, as well as some offline activity
Additional Skills & Preferences:
- Knowledge of healthcare and/or pharmaceutical regulations
- Experience managing and delivering various digital engagement solutions or capabilities across multiple brands.
- Good knowledge of data management and the ability to understand data to generate key insights, determine valuable opportunities & improve performance.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and projects including interactions with other service providers.
- Knowledge of available marketing leading digital technologies and solutions
- An understanding of emerging technologies and the ability to define and articulate challenges and opportunities.
- Experience working in Kentico.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in Canada.
- Worker Type: Flexible = work does not require a specific location or specialized equipment and can work successfully and productively across an ecosystem of different locations to support convenience, functionality, flexibility, and well-being. Flexible workers are expected to come to the head office about half the time.
- Travel: Less than 10% travel/ Passport required
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status