States considered: US TX Remote, US KY Remote, US AR Remote, US MO Remote, US IA Remote, US MS Remote, US LA Remote, US ND Remote, US SD Remote, US KS Remote, US NE Remote, US WY Remote, US NJ Remote, US MN Remote, US CA Remote, US TN Remote
Senior Marketing Manager, Beef Customer Marketing
The Sr. Manager, Beef Customer Marketing serves as a leader within the segment as a component of the trifecta of leadership (Sales, Technical, Marketing) from Zoetis. They are responsible for clearly communicating marketing strategy (branded and above brand) to colleagues in the field, increasing utilization of marketing materials, and leading development of marketing resources (as needed) to meet segment objectives. The incumbent will become the internal marketing expert on the on field and customer needs and work across the portfolio with other Marketing Managers and business unit leaders to leverage customer insights effectively. Additionally, they are responsible for elevating the overall effectiveness of marketing pull through among colleagues. The Sr. Manager will maintain a high level of interaction with relevant Zoetis functional areas such as the field force, Sales Management, Marketing, Technical Services, Strategic Pricing, Finance, and marketing agencies to ensure proper execution and implementation of the overall marketing efforts. In this position he/she will be responsible for managing the A&P assigned budget, ensuring proper resource allocation, and adapting the development of content by working closely with Marketing Communications/Coordinators.
The Sr. Manager is responsible for formulation of long-term marketing strategy and implementation to drive in-line and launch Zoetis brand growth in targeted accounts.
- Increase impact of available resources across brands: work with FF colleagues to deepen understanding and utilization of available marketing materials/programs and appropriate use/targeting
- Work with Sales, Marketing and Technical leadership to improve field force execution and customer interactions by identifying and assisting in removal of barriers
- Raise overall effectiveness of FF by educating and increasing competencies to implement our organizational advancements in marketing (digital transformation, customer experience, etc.) and strategic offerings.
- Promote business expansion opportunities to retailers or other reseller customers through successful field marketing programs
- Leverage talent and resources across the marketing team and across BU cross functional teams (technical services, etc.)
- Responsible to become the internal marketing expert, with the need to work across the portfolio with other Marketing Managers and business unit leaders to leverage customer insights effectively
- Partner with Strategic Account Managers (SAMs) to elevate marketing acumen and accelerate pull through of evolved materials from marketing organization.
- Customize campaigns for targeted customer segments, with upon approved messaging, based on opportunity.
- Collaboration with Inside Sales to focus on specific areas of business.
- Share market research (as appropriate) to increase industry acumen of customer partners and internal team.
- Maximize local level connections and sponsorships by working with field force to develop and implement segments specific support to meet needs.
- Coordinate with local field force on strategic account (or targeted customer) goals, objectives, and strategies – leading tactical execution efforts as needed to support customer business plans.
- Aid in identification/cultivation of new speakers for key therapeutic areas.
- Coordinate the production of various literature, signage, merchandise, and other materials to be used at field marketing events.
- Oversee marketing agency deliverables, as well as other external suppliers, to ensure partner capabilities and effectiveness meet the teams needs and work and resources are deployed appropriately, while working with the Marketing Communications team to manage assigned A&P budget.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS required (business or communications). MBA or relevant advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of related commercial, marketing or cattle industry relationship experience required.
- Animal health, pharmaceutical and/or agricultural experience preferred.
- Computer experience: Windows, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel; Acrobat Pro; SAP.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent marketing operations and marketing communications skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrated budget management acumen.
- Strong writing, editing and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and deliver high performance and quality on deadline.
- Demonstrated ability to provide innovative and efficient solutions to deliver programs and initiatives that meet marketing objectives and business strategies.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence cross-functional teams.
- Proven ability to think strategically and act decisively.
- Must demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, accountability, and willingness to accept challenges and lead change.
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- > 25% travel.
- The preferred location is Texas, but the position can be reasonably located in Kentulcy, Arkansas, Missouri, Iowa, Mississippi, Louisiana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, New Jersey, Minnesota, California or Tennesee