This individual is responsible for supporting all paid Search efforts for the Next Generation Marketing initiative, which is led by the US Petcare Marketing organization. The Search Channel Manager will support all paid Search-related efforts at the brand level and will coordinate with above brand execution. The Lead will work hand-in-hand with brand teams to define, design, and drive best-in-class execution of Search marketing campaigns aligned with business goals and objectives communicated by the Marketing Leadership Team.
In line with the broader company learning agenda, they will support the execution of Test & Learns (T&Ls) related to paid Search. This may mean identifying high-priority T&Ls; partnering with brand teams and agencies (as needed) to design, plan, execute, and measure the success of those T&Ls; and helping scale up effective T&Ls/pilots.
The ideal candidate will have experience with digital paid search marketing optimization, e.g., extensive hands-on experience with key Ad Tech platforms such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Bing Ads, and third party campaign management tools. They will have a strong analytical background and a willingness to rapidly ramp up on a new way of working. They will be fast-moving, adaptable, curious, and good at managing a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders to deliver results quickly.
SEARCH MANAGER, KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive identification, prioritization, and execution of test and learns related to paid search
- Partner with brand teams to support search strategy design, creation, implementation, and reporting
- Contribute to initiatives that drive the search channel strategy and broader B2C strategy
- Serve as a liaison between brand teams and external agencies on execution of search strategy
- Provide input into multi-channel growth optimization strategy
- Create and manage ongoing optimization efforts of Paid Search campaigns, including daily budget monitoring, bid management, keyword research, and on-site conversion and keyword strategy based on performance history (if applicable)
- Plan, launch and optimize prospecting and retargeting campaigns based on strategic objective of ROAS maximization
- Define, execute (likely via agency), analyze, and optimize A/B and multi-variant tests
DESIRED REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3-5 years in search advertising / marketing, e.g.
- Experience managing digital marketing strategy for paid search
- Experience planning and/or executing search campaigns within a brand
- Role with a performance digital marketing agency (e.g., MightyHive, Jellyfish, Labelium, iCrossing, FullSix Data, 55)
- Work as a specialist for an independent trading desk (e.g., Tradelab, Infectious Media, Media IQ)
- Account management at Ad Tech company (e.g., Google, Bing)
- Deep understanding of digital lead generation and brand building techniques using Search (e.g., Targeting, content and creatives for SEM)
- Deep experience translating strategic business objectives into consumer-centric engagement tactics and proving those out
- Strong communicator, with ability to drive initiatives across multiple stakeholder groups to achieve key business goals
- Strong project management skills (e.g., building & rigorously tracking work plan, meeting deadlines in an in-flux environment)
- Calm and comfortable in ever-changing environment; results-driven with an ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with a concentration in Marketing or Business
Preferred but not required:
- Significant experience communicating technical material to range of audiences, including brands, corporate leadership, technology partners, and agencies
- Certification in or extensive hands-on experience with key Ad Tech platforms such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Bing Ads, and third party campaign management tools