This individual is responsible for supporting all Programmatic efforts for the Next Generation Marketing initiative, which is led by the US Petcare Marketing organization. The Programmatic Channels Manager will support all digital display, video and CTV efforts at the brand level. This person will work hand-in-hand with brand teams to define, design, and drive best-in-class execution of programmatic-related marketing campaigns aligned with business goals and objectives communicated by the Marketing Leadership Team.
In line with the broader company learning agenda, they will support the execution of Test & Learns (T&Ls) related to Programmatic channels. This may mean identifying high-priority T&Ls; partnering with brand and agency teams (as needed) to design, plan, execute, and measure the success of those T&Ls; and helping scale up effective T&Ls.
The ideal candidate will have experience with programmatic marketing optimization, e.g., extensive hands-on experience with key Ad Tech platforms such as Demand Side Platforms (DSP), DMPs, and ad servers (e.g., Google Campaign Manager). The ideal candidate will also have experience optimizing media buys and performance in the TV and social spaces. They will have a strong analytical background and a willingness to rapidly ramp up on a new way of working. They will be fast-moving, adaptable, curious, and good at managing a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders to deliver results quickly.
PROGRAMMATIC MANAGER, KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive identification, prioritization, and execution of test and learns related to programmatic channels
- Partner with brand teams to support Programmatic strategy design, creation, implementation, and reporting (ideal candidate can also support brand teams with linear TV strategy, media buys, and reporting)
- Contribute to initiatives that drive the programmatic channel strategy and broader B2C strategy
- Serve as a liaison between brand teams and external agencies on execution of programmatic strategy
- Provide input into multi-channel growth optimization strategy
- Create and manage ongoing optimization efforts of Programmatic campaigns, including daily budget monitoring, bid management, and on-site conversion based on performance history (if applicable)
- Plan, launch and optimize prospecting and retargeting campaigns based on strategic objective of ROAS maximization
- Define, execute (likely via agency), analyze, and optimize A/B and multi-variant tests
- Help to define, validate and monitor core KPIs, such as cost per acquisition metrics, retention, ROI and LTV to drive the business
DESIRED REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3- 5 years in programmatic advertising / marketing, e.g.
- Experience managing digital marketing strategy for programmatic channels
- Experience planning and/or executing programmatic campaigns within a brand
- Role with a performance digital marketing agency (e.g., MightyHive, Jellyfish, Labelium, iCrossing, FullSix Data, 55)
- Work as a specialist for an independent trading desk (e.g., Tradelab, Infectious Media, Media IQ)
- Account management for a Demand Side Platform (DSP) (e.g., The Trade Desk)
- Deep understanding of digital lead generation and brand building techniques within Programmatic (e.g., Targeting, content and creatives)
- Deep experience translating strategic business objectives into consumer-centric engagement tactics and proving those out
- Strong communicator, with ability to drive initiatives across multiple stakeholder groups to achieve key business goals
- Strong project management skills (e.g., building & rigorously tracking work plan, meeting deadlines in an in-flux environment)
- Calm and comfortable in ever-changing environment; results-driven with an ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with a concentration in Marketing or Business
Preferred but not required:
- Significant experience communicating technical material to range of audiences, including brands, corporate leadership, technology partners, and agencies
- Certification in or extensive hands-on experience with key Ad Tech platforms such as Demand Side Platforms (DSP), DMPs, and ad servers (e.g., Google Campaign Manager)
- Experience managing digital marketing strategy for programmatic TV, linear TV and/or social channels