Zoetis is the world’s largest Manufacturer and Supplier of Animal Pharmaceuticals.
At Zoetis in Lincoln, NE, we manufacture high quality medicines for dogs, cats, and livestock. Our plant has been recognized as one of the Nebraska’s Safest Companies, with a long-standing presence in Lincoln and we continue to grow.
Great Health Benefits from day 1!
4 weeks accrued paid vacation and 13 paid holidays
401(k) match with company profit sharing
The Quality Controls Laboratory group conducts routine testing for manufactured products. Qualified applicants would have the expertise in performing virology laboratory procedures in compliance with specifications in Standard Operating Procedures and Standard Test Procedures used to support testing and release of product. Additional skills of interest include virus tissue culture, potency, inactivation, and extraneous agent assay experience and demonstrated time management.
• Perform complex laboratory testing independently while aligning to laboratory and site goals.
• Aid Team Leader in scheduling and executing laboratory assays based on manufacturing and project schedules.
• Interact with interdepartmental customers such as Manufacturing, Regulatory, and Quality Assurance
• Assist with trouble shooting and problem solving for routine tests and processes
• Participate in laboratory responsibilities, paperwork review and approval and laboratory investigation support.
• Work with Maintenance and Engineering to improve equipment operation
• Able to proceduralize processes using standard work concepts
• Participate in outline reviews as a SME reviewer and provide SAP data extracts to laboratory colleagues.
• Provide support for routine laboratory activities outside of testing including LEAN projects and Critical Reagent Management.
Virology and/or Immunology and other Quality Control Laboratory colleagues
Manufacturing Directors and Team Leaders
Veterinary Medical Research and Development Project Leaders and Stakeholders
Global Manufacturing Technology Project Leaders and Scientists
Education and Experience
- B.S. or equivalent in Biological Sciences or closely related field and 3 years’ experience in a virology, microbiology or biochemistry laboratory. M.S. or equivalent in Biological Sciences or closely related field and 1 years’ experience in a virology laboratory.
- Experience in virus tissue culture and performing virus potency, inactivation, extraneous an ELISA assays.
Exceptional Organizational, Communication and Interpersonal skills.
Technical Skills and Competencies Required
Understanding of Biological and Chemical Processes common to Quality Control Testing
Understanding of Biological Regulatory Requirements
Self-starter, able to prioritize work and work efficiently with supervision
Complete calculations using basic math
Understand metric system and basic statistics
Ability to solve practical problems with a variety of concrete variables
Ability to make logical decisions concerning laboratory issues
Ability to recognize product quality issues based on company guidelines
Excellent verbal/written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
General understanding of virus tissue culture, infection, fluorescent antibody staining and identification
General understanding of protein chemsitry and antibody – antigen interactions
Existing knowledge of USDA and EP requirements associated with Quality Control assay development and testing
Proven project and resource management experience.
Physical Position Requirements
- Manual dexterity using hands and fingers
- This job entails sitting or standing at a laboratory bench or desk.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision work
- Occasional need to sit, reach with hands and arms
Ability to work flexible hours, work weekend and overtimeFull timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.