Laboratory Technician I
• Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care.
• Monitor and operate instrumentation.
• Identify and replenish testing bench supplies, as necessary.
• Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
• Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience
• Associates or Bachelors degree or CVT/RVT/LVT
• 0 to 1+ years of lab experience
• Demonstrated ability to build, develop and work within a clinical laboratory team, including creative problem solving and flexibility to meet rapid growth.
• Some IT and LIS (laboratory information systems) experience and general comfort level with computer systems, technology, and equipment interfaces.
• Team leadership, friendly and loves a challenge.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills required.
• Robust organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work in fast-paced STAT environment.
Preferred candidate qualifications:
• Experience in the veterinary field strongly preferred, but not required. Other experience considered as applicable.
Physical and Time requirements:
• Able to sit and stand for long periods of time
• Able to lift up to 30lbs
• Flexible hours and overtime may be required
• SHIFT TIMES: Must be available for evenings as needed and rotating weekends.
This will be a 4/10 shift as follows”
Mon, Fri 200PM – 1230AM
Sat: 930AM – 800PM
Sun: 300PM – 130AM
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View]
to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View]
In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.