A great opportunity to be part of the newly established Zoetis Incubator Research Lab housed at CSU! Zoetis is seeking an experienced scientist to join our team in studying the immunology of veterinary species. This individual will be a key contributor in the design, execution, and interpretation of in vitro and in vivo pharmacology studies to delineate key pathways and potential drug targets.
The successful candidate should have at least 3-5 years of relevant experience working in an in vitro or in vivo pharmacology setting and immunology. They must also be a creative/independent thinker and with a proven track record of basic research. Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Experience developing cell-free (e.g. ligand binding assays, biochemical assays) and cell-based in vitro screens for substrate (small molecule and biotherapeutics) evaluation.
- Experience with immune-based techniques such as flow cytometry, cell sorting, immunohistochemistry, ELISAs, westerns, etc.
- Ability to apply a variety of cellular and molecular techniques to develop cellular models of disease for veterinary species.
- Experience with primary cell cultures, co-cultures, and/or 3D-organotypic cultures.
- Experience with histology and immunohistochemistry.
- Ability to collaborate across multiple scientific disciplines and with various other scientists.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Educational background: BS, MS, or PhD (molecular or cellular biology, immunology or related field).
- Training or experience in biological sciences preferred.
- Experience in the establishment of in vitro models of disease.
- Self-starter, able to prioritize work and work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal/written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
Work environment: The person filling this position will work predominantly in a laboratory setting. There may be exposure to animal pathogens and chemicals. There may be handling of, and/or exposure to animal tissue and zoonotic organismsFull timeFixed Term/Temporary (Fixed Term)ColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.