The Livestock Therapeutics Research group is seeking a talented, versatile and highly motivated Postdoctoral scientist with expertise in Reproductive Physiology (gestation biology focus) to contribute to our research efforts in Global Therapeutics at Zoetis. The Livestock Therapeutics Research group identifies, validates, and delivers novel discoveries for, and a mechanistic understanding of, livestock growth optimization, wellness and reproductive performance. We are seeking a Postdoctoral scientist with demonstrated experience in gestation biology to join our efforts and contribute to all phases (scholarship and ideation, conceptualization, participation on multifunctional research teams, and development of in vitro models) of the discovery process for livestock species. The ideal candidate will have relevant, hypothesis-driven research experience focused on gestation biology of livestock species and demonstrated ability to establish in vitro mechanistic model systems. This is a laboratory position that requires expertise in cell and tissue culture, cellular biology and molecular biology techniques. Knowledge of and/or interest in developmental programming, epigenetics, transcriptomics and genetics is a plus. Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Develop in vitro mechanistic models in support of projects evaluating novel therapeutic approaches to improve reproductive and/or growth performance in cattle and swine
- Ability to apply a variety of cellular and molecular techniques to develop in vitro screening assays
- Collaborate across multiple scientific disciplines and on multifunctional project teams
- Contribute to the ideation and development of product profiles with Commercial and Strategic colleagues
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Educational background: PhD (or equivalent) in Reproductive Physiology / Developmental Biology with in-depth knowledge of gestation /developmental biology of livestock and experience/interest in developmental programming
- Creative thinker with publications related to gestation biology/developmental programming
- Demonstrated ability to establish in vitro model and assay systems
- Excellent laboratory skills including proficiency with cellular biology and molecular biology techniques.
- Experience with epigenetics, transcriptomics, genetics and analysis of large data sets is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize activities and work independently and efficiently
- Excellent verbal/written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Computer skills desired: Ingenuity Pathway Analysis, Pathway Studio or other relevant platforms
Work environment: The person filling this position will work in a research laboratory. There may be exposure to chemicals and animal pathogens. There may be handling of animal tissues, and/or exposure to, zoonotic organismsFull timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.