Are you a superstar in a clinical laboratory testing searching for somewhere to really shine? Are you excited about working in the veterinary space? Ready to take your experience and lead a location? We want to talk to you!
As a Lead Laboratory Technician/Technologist, you will have the primary responsibility for leading a local team in the processing and analyzing of veterinary patient samples at our clinical diagnostic laboratories. We are hiring this position in Boise, ID.
Responsibilities and Duties (include, but not limited to)
Under direction, supervises, assigns, reviews and participates in the work of staff responsible for providing laboratory services in a clinical veterinary laboratory; ensures work quality and adherence to established policies and procedures; provide training on proper laboratory test procedures and sample collection processes; and performs the more technical and complex tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
The following duties are typical for this job role. Those individuals in this position may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
1. Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise, review and participate in the work of staff responsible for performing chemical, biological, and physical tests of laboratory samples.
2. Establish schedules and methods for providing laboratory analysis and quality assurance program services; identify resource needs; review needs with appropriate management staff; allocate resources accordingly.
3. Participate in the development of policies and procedures; monitor work activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures; make recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards and procedures.
4. Recommend and assist in the implementation of goals and objectives; implement approved policies and procedures.
5. Provide lab training to laboratory personnel on proper lab methods, procedures, and techniques.
6. Participate in the selection of laboratory staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline procedures.
7. Attend and participate in professional group meetings.
8. Perform related duties as required.
- MUST HAVE solid experience in a clinical laboratory setting with comprehensive knowledge of high throughput hematology, chemistry, immunoassay, urinalysis, O&P/fecal and related analyzers/diagnostics.
- MUST HAVE expert experience with 2-3 of the following instruments: Advia 2120i, Immulite 2000 XPi, AU680/5800, Clinitek Advantus, or Stago STarT.
- MUST BE ready to take the next steps into leadership. Accountable for selecting the right team for your location. Responsible for the quality of your results and the delight of your customers!
- Day-to-day responsibilities include leading the team in Quality Control, Quality Assurance, and Operations associated with laboratory testing, equipment, facility and materials.
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop and work within a clinical laboratory team, including creative problem solving and flexibility to meet rapid growth.
- Strong IT and LIS (laboratory information systems) experience and general high comfort level with computer systems, technology and equipment interfaces.
- Must being available for evenings as needed and rotating weekends.
- Willingness to travel to other labs for training as needed, and to support other labs when needed in the future is a huge plus.
Knowledge, Qualifications & Compensation
- 5-10 years of experience in a clinical laboratory setting.
- Team leadership, friendly and loves a challenge.
- Supervisory experience.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills required.
- Robust organizational and time management skills.
- Experience in the veterinary field strongly preferred, but not required. Other experience considered as applicable.
- An MT/CLS degree is required. AMT or ASCP are accepted.
- Competitive compensation package, including base wages and bonus.
Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View]
to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View]
In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
About Zoetis Reference Laboratories
Zoetis Reference Laboratories (formerly ZNLabs/Ethos Labs/Phoenix Labs) is an innovative and well-funded, full-service veterinary clinical diagnostic laboratory. We are focused on revolutionizing the reference laboratory space for companion animals. We are a team of friendly, motivated and highly collaborative business and veterinary professionals looking for a top tier laboratory experts to join our growing crew.
Job Type: Full-time
Competitive & Flexible compensation and benefits package.