Post-Doctoral Researcher: Protein Design & Functional Mapping
The Protein Therapeutics group is seeking a talented and experienced computational modeler / protein engineer to contribute to our efforts in Global Therapeutics Research at Zoetis. The Protein Therapeutics group partners with therapeutic areas and project teams to design and engineer novel biotherapeutics and build robust testing funnels for a variety of therapeutic approaches to improve diseases in companion animals as well as livestock species.
The successful candidate should have knowledge of antibodies and/or protein interactions and relevant experience with machine learning & bioinformatics approaches, in silico protein homology models, protein docking, and epitope mapping. Experience with and understanding of peptide design, protein design and engineering, biochemistry, and protein characterization is preferred. Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are essential. Some travel required depending on location of candidate.
- Integration of large datasets into protein design algorithms
- Protein and antibody in silico design and structural mapping
- Epitope mapping and immunogen design
- Antibody optimization and affinity maturation using rational design techniques
- Collaborate across multiple scientific disciplines to understand mechanistic biology
- Directly communicate with external partners for collaborations and outsourcing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Educational background: Ph.D. in engineering, computer science, immunology, biochemistry, or related field.
- Training or experience in biological sciences focusing on protein design algorithms and optimization, protein engineering and protein modeling.
- Machine learning and bioinformatics with an emphasis on protein sequence-function and structure-function relationships preferred.
- Expertise in protein modeling techniques including homology modeling, epitope/paratope mapping, in silico protein optimization, and immunogen design.
- Exposure to affinity maturation & antibody optimization approaches preferred.
- Understanding of protein biochemistry and stability is a plus.
- Self-starter, able to prioritize work and work efficiently, design experiments with minimal supervision, and able work across teams remotely and face-to-face.
- Excellent verbal/written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, BLAST, Vector NTI or equivalent, protein modeling software (MOE, Rosetta, etc.)
• Work environment: The placement of this position will be in Boulder, CO. This person will be expected to travel occasionally to R&D Headquarters (Kalamazoo, MI).Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.