This job is archived
The Protein Therapeutics group is seeking a talented and experienced molecular/immunobiologist to contribute to our efforts in Global Therapeutics Research at Zoetis. The protein therapeutics group partners with therapeutic areas and project teams to design novel substrate and build robust testing funnels for a variety of therapeutic approaches that improve diseases or conditions in companion animals (cats, dogs, horses) as well as livestock species (cattle, swine, poultry).
The ideal candidate would have at least 3 years of relevant experience developing, optimizing, and identifying antibodies from single B-cells. Experience with developing methodologies from a variety of tissues in multiple species is desired but not required. Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are essential.
• Isolation and characterization of antibody producing primary cells from single B-cells including a variety of immunological assays including ELISA, ELISpot and flow cytometry
• Experience in the development, characterization and isolation of antigen-specific B-cells
• Significant experience in molecular biology methods associated with antibody repertoire characterization including RACE, degenerate variable region PCR and single cell RT-PCR
• Experience with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) of antibody repertoires
• Experience in the expression and characterization of monoclonal antibodies in transient eukaryotic systems
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Educational background: BS or MS with at least 3 years of relevant experience. Post-doctoral fellows considered.
• Training or experience in biological sciences focusing on single cell immunobiology.
• Experience in primary immunological cell isolation and co-culture assays
• Self-starter, able to prioritize work and work efficiently with minimal supervision
• Excellent verbal/written communication, organizational and interpersonal skillsFull timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.