Senior Scientist/Prinicple Scientist – Biopharmaceutical Process and Tech Transfer
Zoetis is the world’s largest Manufacturer and Supplier of Animal Pharmaceuticals.
At Zoetis in Lincoln, NE, we manufacture high quality medicines for dogs, cats, and livestock. Our plant has been recognized as one of the Nebraska’s Safest Companies, with a long-standing presence in Lincoln and we continue to grow.
Great Health Benefits from day 1!
4 weeks accrued paid vacation and 13 paid holidays
401(k) match with company profit sharing
Student Loan Repayment Program
Enable Zoetis’ mission to serve customers by supporting robust processes and innovative technologies using our scientific and engineering expertise.
The role of the downstream bioprocess scientist will provide technical support for complex equipment and Biopharmaceutical processes. Experience in design, qualification, operation, maintenance and improvement of biopharmaceutical equipment and processes will be required to support day to day manufacturing activities as well as to lead process improvement projects and technical transfers. The candidate is expected to work hands-on while providing strong technical leadership and partnering with manufacturing, quality, supply chain, equipment engineering, research and development, and process scientists to produce clinical supply and work toward commercial facility licensure. The position will require a high degree of autonomy in the discipline and work with colleagues in cell culture, bacteriology, virology, formulation, and bioanalytical science. To be successful this position will require expertise in chromatographic and filtration processes for purifying proteins and a working knowledge of related bioprocessing operations.
- Applies advanced and diverse science and engineering principles to the design and implementation of major system modifications, process and/or capital projects.
- Support clinical and commercial tech transfers of late-stage Zoetis products from laboratories and across manufacturing facilities.
- Represent manufacturing and provide input to development teams
- Support cell culture and drug substance purification processes
- Develops, organizes, analyses, and presents interpretation of results for operational issues of significant scope and complexity
- Equipment / Process knowledge to perform complex troubleshooting of process, equipment failures or malfunctions and/or the development of technical assessments
- Conduct process monitoring and provide technical troubleshooting using sophisticated digital tools (PAT). Using this analysis, identify and implement process improvements that lead to yield and capacity improvements.
- Serve as a process expert of Biopharmaceutical operations and processes such as single use technologies, Media / Buffer Prep solutions, Inoculation, Bioreactors, Centrifugation, Chromatography and Tangential Flow Filtration
- Author protocols, study reports, SOPs, and other documents in support of process changes/optimization.
- Mentor junior colleagues and provide direction to manufacturing colleagues and contractors
- Provide technical guidance and lead investigations for process related deviations, change control and operational excellence projects
- Demonstrate project management skills and application of concepts.
- Work within a cGMP environment and maintaining regulatory and quality compliance.
- Experience in investigation of deviations, development of corrective and preventive actions and generation and implementation of change controls.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of Biopharmaceutical Process Development experience
- Master’s degree in Biochemistry, Biology or Biochemical Engineering
- 10+ years Biopharmaceutical Process Development experience related to biochemical engineering and/or protein biochemistry, scale-up principles, and manufacturing of Biopharmaceuticals (cGMP)
Technical Skills and Competencies Required
- Background in biopharmaceutical tech transfer into commercial facilities
- In depth knowledge of cell culture and purification processes/ equipment
- Demonstrated leadership skills and decision-making experience
- Strong academic and applied experience in science and / or engineering, troubleshooting, and problem solving
- Independently motivated with successful ability to multi-task and work in teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication with experience with technical writing and presentations
- Process optimization and change control experience.
- In-depth knowledge of USDA, FDA, and EU regulatory systems desired.
- Strong technical/analytical skills and possess a high degree of personal motivation.
- Strong commitment to product quality, continuous improvement and working knowledge of RFT (Right First Time) and Lean principles.
- Strong commitment to customer service.
Physical Position Requirements
- Travel to domestic and international sites may be required <10%
- Gowning into production areas
- Work some weekends due to experimental designs
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service